Multi-Room DVR For Life (Sorry, not for life, but whenever we decide to end it)
petertom25

We recently revnewed our VZ Fios contract for 2 years.  We had the Mult-Room DVR For Life credit of $19.99/month since 2012 when we signed up for a promotion.  We figured if something is called FOR LIFE, you have it until you switch providers.  

When selecting or changing the services on Verizon's site when we renewed, nowhere on the various components did it ever say this promotion was going away.  Or if it did, it was not obvious at all.  They break down the components into TV, Additional TV, Phone, Internet, etc. but they really only list the services you are signing up and not the credits you receive.

So much to our dismay, after we renewed, in the confirmation email, the monthly price shot up by $20 more than we had expected.   I do not understand how you can call a promotion and credit FOR LIFE and take it away whenever you feel like it and "grandfather it".  After corresponding with a VZ rep through the Chat box, it seems like VZ is not bending whatsoever on this.  Is there anything that can be done about this?  A complaint to the NY Public Service Commission went nowhere when they used to actually have some pull.  

When the 2 years are up - we will strongly consider switching providers, and likely dropping our home phone to boot as well especially Verizon does NOTHING about all the spam calls that come into our home and so many other homeowners...

Tags (2)
0 Likes
Re: Multi-Room DVR For Life (Sorry, not for life, but whenever we decide to end it)
jonjones1
Legend

You could try a fraud complaint to NYS Attorney Generals Office 

http://www.oag.ny.gov 

they have a consumer frauds and protections bureau. In your first deal of multi room DVR for LIFE do you still have proof of the promotion? If so your sending a copy to the attorney generals office will or may get you the service you originally signed up for.

i have a neighbor that had an “iPhone for life plan” at sprint, when he tried to upgrade they claimed the program was no longer in effect. He then saw the sign for “iPhone forever” in which case he said “ what is the difference? Life or forever? “ they are basically the same. Guy at store had no answer. He got his new iPhone when he threatened them with the attorney generals office.

0 Likes
Re: Multi-Room DVR For Life (Sorry, not for life, but whenever we decide to end it)
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Did you change anything about your service? Or hardware?

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

@CRobGauthwrote:

Did you change anything about your service? Or hardware?

They just didn’t give him the “for life credit “ as it was not in the confirmation email.

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Others I have seen that have lost their credit it was when the made changes to their service. Especially upgrading hardware.

Hence the reason I asked.

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

@CRobGauth wrote:

Others I have seen that have lost their credit it was when the made changes to their service. Especially upgrading hardware.

Hence the reason I asked.

No argument from me 😀

i agree with your assessment. That was why I was writing about my friends “for life plan being dropped in place they called it forever plan” it was a ploy to terminate those customers who were on it.

in my neck of the woods there is a window & siding company that offers a life time guarantee on everything they sell or install. However every few years the “go out of business and open up again with new company name” it is to void out that lifetime guarantee. 

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi petertom25,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Message Inbox for a message from Verizon_Support. You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents who will be assisting you privately.

0 Likes