My Verizon website hangs when selecting Add or Change Plan
chasstone
Enthusiast - Level 1

For 2 days I am trying to see my options to upgrade/renew my TV/Internet/Phone plan, but site hangs with  "We are looking up your account info.  This will only take a moment." 

I have googled to find other paths to this info with same result. 

Chat with agent was fruitless.

Anyone else having this problem and is there a workaround or fix?

Thanks 

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: My Verizon website hangs when selecting Add or Change Plan
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

@chasstone wrote:

For 2 days I am trying to see my options to upgrade/renew my TV/Internet/Phone plan, but site hangs with  "We are looking up your account info.  This will only take a moment." 

Thanks 

Try downloading and using a different browser like Firefox or Chrome.

View solution in original post

Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

@chasstone wrote:

Thanks 

Try downloading and using a different browser like Firefox or Chrome.

chasstone
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks, I tried and it worked with MS Edge instead of Chrome.  Dunno why, but glad to see my upgrade options.

Thanks again.

0 Likes
luige

Having the same issue, tried using Safari, Chrome & Firefox with the same result.  The Verizon app on my phone is also hanging up at the same location.

0 Likes
TW60

Having the same problem. Can anyone tell us how we can get ahold of some one that can change services in my plan?

0 Likes
AlphaB
Contributor - Level 1

@TW60 wrote:

Having the same problem. Can anyone tell us how we can get ahold of some one that can change services in my plan?

Call them on the phone

0 Likes
TW60

Yeah right. I can see you’ve never tried calling them on the phone. A lot of time spent waiting while they access records and then at the end they find a glitch and can’t complete your request. 

0 Likes
ProfQuill

This is a little old but have been browsing the community.

Yes, I run into this problem often, and there are 2 fairly simple fixes -- Delete ALL the cookies associated with Verizon, you can dig thru the options menu in Chrome, or simply click on the padlock symbol to the left of the address at the top, you'll see the cookies thing.

Or,  I've given up having to do this occasionally so just go to Verizon using Incognito mode that bypasses any cookies.

Obviously Verizon has severe site handling problems for many years, I believe I've reported it (not sure now since it's been so long ago), but because the detour is simple enough, so be it.

Yeah, using a different browser is like starting with no cookies, unfortunately that one may get poisoned also. 

0 Likes
DrMatt1

This happens in BOTH Firefox and Chrome - very frustrating! About 1 in 20 times it will actually connect.

0 Likes
DrMatt1

I tried deleting cookies and this sped things up, but... now it just returns the following message almost instantly:

"We are unable to process your request at this time.
Please try again later. We apologize for any inconvenience."

0 Likes