Need Repair Department for Utility Pole
BronxDave

Hello--

A storm in late March knocked a tree down on wires to my house (in Massachusetts).

I was told by my electrical service provider in Massachusetts (EverSource) that the utiltiy pole is owned by Verizon and they have to come out and fix it.

How do I go about  getting that taken care of? Is there a specific department or phone number at Verizon I can call?

Thanks.

0 Likes
Re: Need Repair Department for Utility Pole
jonjones1
Legend

@BronxDavewrote:

Hello--

A storm in late March knocked a tree down on wires to my house (in Massachusetts).

I was told by my electrical service provider in Massachusetts (EverSource) that the utiltiy pole is owned by Verizon and they have to come out and fix it.

How do I go about  getting that taken care of? Is there a specific department or phone number at Verizon I can call?

Thanks.

Try 1-800-VERIZON 

hopefully someone at that number can help you. 

0 Likes
BronxDave

I tried that and spent about 30 minutes in auto-attendant craziness. I was hoping for a more direct route to getting this issue resolved. There must be some direct phone number or contact form or something.

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

@BronxDavewrote:

I tried that and spent about 30 minutes in auto-attendant craziness. I was hoping for a more direct route to getting this issue resolved. There must be some direct phone number or contact form or something.

If your screen name is correct and you live in the Bronx NY contact this state agency which regulates Verizon. http://www.dps.ny.gov

Calling would be faster than the online complaint. It’s toll free.

you see in NY Verizon places a bogus NYS Municipal Construction Surcharge on our bills to move, replace, or repair poles. Since they are grabbing a gazillion dollars from NYS customers they should be forced to have a dedicated telephone number to report poles.

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Check the pole for a metal plate.

It will give you who owns the pole as well as identification info.

You can try twitter @verizonsupport

0 Likes