New Service Coming January 4th - I'm unable to upgrade my box before installation??
Sam__Hain1
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have on order for January 4th the Fios triple play package.  Being as I'm very geeky and paying for a new service I would like the newest and most up to date dvr box available.  From my readings it appears that the 7232 is that box and is the only 500gb available.  

I called up sales and asked if I could order the 7232 prior to installation.  I said that I would gladly pay the $40 for the upgraded box either upfront or on my first bill.  The rep informed me that it is impossible to do that, and that I can only upgrade my box once it is installed.  

This is a major hassle!  It saves time and money to just have the box I want installed the first time around.  Otherwise, I have to unhook the box immediately after it's installed and then call up Fios stores in my area to see who has it and then drive there.  The other option according to the rep  would be to upgrade via online once the service is installed, but again that is just double work when the box can be installed on Jan 4th.  

Thanks in advance

0 Likes
Re: New Service Coming January 4th - I'm unable to upgrade my box before installation??
tns
Master - Level 2

Note the 7232 is not the only 500GB DVR.  In some areas they install CISCO boxes instead. The only CISCO DVR they use is 500gb.

Also they are supposively replacing the old drive in the Motorola 7216 with 500GB as they are reconditioned.  Hopefully you don't get one of these since they are not New.  Note I haven't seen anyone post actually seeing these 7216's yet.

Hopefully you get a New 500GB DVR.  But obviously it depends on what the installer has.

Re: New Service Coming January 4th - I'm unable to upgrade my box before installation??
Sam__Hain1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks!

Anthony responded to me as well and said the same exact thing.  If the installer doesn't have it I have to try a store.  I called up three stores in my area and they all said that the only way to get it is to use the upgrade feature online, but I'm not able to access it as I always get an error.

I'm trying to get this worked out before the box comes on the 4th.

thank you!

prisaz
Legend

@Sam__Hain wrote:

Thanks!

Anthony responded to me as well and said the same exact thing.  If the installer doesn't have it I have to try a store.  I called up three stores in my area and they all said that the only way to get it is to use the upgrade feature online, but I'm not able to access it as I always get an error.

I'm trying to get this worked out before the box comes on the 4th.

thank you!

Like mentioned. Cisco may be option. But the acount must be setup for that, and the brands cannot be mixed. You start with one vendor or the other. I believe they can be used in MA, but not in NY.

0 Likes
bsmitmar
Enthusiast - Level 2

Just ask the tech they usually have the boxes on the truck.