No real help... is there a Customer Service to the Customer Service to the Customer Service?
MrRyanDee
Enthusiast - Level 2

So fast forward 2 months after being left without service for about a week due to Verizon closing my account without any notification while trying to activate new service in it's place for someone who didn't even live at the address....  that issue has come about to bite me in the rear.  A new account was created without my knowledge, leaving me with two accounts, and I only have had access to one that I was paying on up until last month.  I wake up this morning with my service disconnected and I'm being told I owe over $700, my account (which should have been my only account) had been closed on December 10th (without my knowledge), and to see my current bill I need to register this new account.  Low and behold.... Verizon's site is having issues so I can't register.  I really don't want to pay without knowing what I'm being charged for and be able to see this account and it's details, and nobody seems to be all that helpful or able to explain why I have another account and was never notified or sent a bill.  This is really becoming a headache.  It wouldn't be so bad if customer service was helpful and knowledgable, and each issue was fixed without any inconvenience at all.  Especially when you consider that each time you call, you're on hold for 30+ minutes and each time you're transferred you are more than likely going to end up disconnected and have to call back to wait all over again.   Live Chat hasn't been availabe all day either.  smh    If Verizon is going to keep changing, deleting, and creating accounts without notifying me...  I definitley need to go back to Comcast.  After years of being with Verizon, it's quality of service has seemed to go downhill. I should just leave the service off and take my business elsewhere.  Is there anyone out there that can provide some answers and a better solution than keep trying or wait?  

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: No real help... is there a Customer Service to the Customer Service to the Customer Service?
MrRyanDee
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well, luckily things worked out.  Took longer than it should have, but I'm not going to dwell on that.  Someone contacted me, actually listened and understood what the issue was, emailed me copies of the previous bills so I can see them and compare them to what I had and was paying before, and had my service restored in the meantime.  The site also finally worked and allowed me to register the new account.  I guess it's back to business as usual.  Like I'm sure most are, I'm left thinking why couldn't this have been the first person I talked to. Hahaha!  Oh well......

Thanks Mansur F. Mustapha (Femi)

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: No real help... is there a Customer Service to the Customer Service to the Customer Service?
SunshineF
Moderator Emeritus

Sorry you are having difficulty, an agent with access to your account will reach out to you directly by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account  for more information or help you resolve your issue.

0 Likes
MrRyanDee
Enthusiast - Level 2

Day 2:  ***crickets*** and the site is still not allowing me to register (We are unable to proscess your request at this time.  Please try again later.  We apologize for any inconvenience.) 

I was told by Verizon support on twitter that someone would call me.  Once yesterday morning where I gave them my # at work, and then again that evening when I gave them my cell #.   All I want is a little assistance and some answers as to what happened.  One person tells me Fios TV and phone are on the old account (I've never had Verizon home service) and the new account is just for the internet, and the next person tells me something different.... so, ummm yeah, something doesn't sound right, which is why I want to see the bill and have access to this account.  Afterall, it is suppose to be mine, right?  Considering what I went through 2 months ago, I am not trying to take someone's word for anything anymore.  I'm sure if they can delete, close, and create full accounts without my knowledge or consent.... someone somewhere can do something about getting this new account they gave me registered online so I can view what it consists of, what type of contract they may have put me on, and also be able to add it to my programs and e-bill accounts for my bank to keep up with it and pay it in the future since I'm always away from home.  Basically, can Verizon just work with me?   After going through other posts in this forum, it seems a couple days of calls and trying to get someone who knows what they are talking about and doing is a common occurence.  So here we are... Day 2 and counting.

0 Likes
MrRyanDee
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well, luckily things worked out.  Took longer than it should have, but I'm not going to dwell on that.  Someone contacted me, actually listened and understood what the issue was, emailed me copies of the previous bills so I can see them and compare them to what I had and was paying before, and had my service restored in the meantime.  The site also finally worked and allowed me to register the new account.  I guess it's back to business as usual.  Like I'm sure most are, I'm left thinking why couldn't this have been the first person I talked to. Hahaha!  Oh well......

Thanks Mansur F. Mustapha (Femi)

0 Likes