Order Bait & Switch ?
culper1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hello,

Yesterday I placed an online order during 2019 Cyber Monday Online Sales  for Gigabit Internet, with free Router Rental, Digital Phone, A New Phone Number, Unlisted Number, with a $100 Gift Card, for $79.99 a month for 24 months

I reviewed and recorded my shopping cart multiple times, the items listed in cart (Internet, Phone Service, Router, new Phone Number, Gift Card) , and noted my estimated monthly payment, and confirmed the payment schedule for month 1, then month 2-12, and then 13-24, which all displayed $79.99 for Internet and Phone Bundle. Everything looked great.

The only thing I had to do at this point was to hit the proceed button to move forward to complete my order which I did.

There were 3 pop up windows that appeared in my screen, all requiring the user to agree to before completed the order, the 3 agreements were related to Auto Pay, Internet and Phone Service.

I was now on the complete order page where I was prompted to enter my personal information - the install address - Social Security Number and DOB to run a credit check - I selected an install date - and finally provided my checking account info for auto pay and then hit the complete order button.

After completing my order there was no indication of any changes to my new contract from what was  in my shopping cart.

I called to confirm my order to learn that it was an Internet Only Order !!! I would have not provided access to my personal information nor checking account if I knew I wasn't getting what I initially ordered.

Any advice on what to do?

I tried calling but everyone I get, if I get a human will say you need to speak to another department.

Would the FTC or State Attorneys General be responsible to make a complaint for these obvious Bait and Switch tactics on their contracts?

Thanks

0 Likes
Re: Order Bait & Switch ?
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi culper,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Message Inbox for a message from Verizon_Support. You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents who will be assisting you privately.