Personal web space support
alan31
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have a problem with my Personal Web Space.  Is this the correct forum for that issue?  If not, please suggest the alternative.

I ran into a problem with Verizon's site builder, which uses Trellix software.  After multiple calls to various Verizon support organizations, I was finally told that Verizon does not support a personal web space.  On the other hand, it is still promoted in Verizon ads and on myVerizon.

This makes me think that somehow users have found a work around for this problem.  Someone from Trellix told me that their partnership agreement with Verizon expired over 3 years ago, so that appears not to be the answer.

I have already put many hours into my personal web space.   However, there is a long way to go and I am nervous about investing even more time into something that is not supported.

How do other Verizon customers cope with this situation?

Thanks,

Alan

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Personal web space support
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

@Alan wrote:

Thanks.

I would like to see the details of this.   Where is it documented?

Sure, no problem.

Go to http://www2.verizon.net/myaccount/manage/sitebuilder/ftp_info.asp

View solution in original post

mr22sevenths
Enthusiast - Level 1

Alan

I too am searching for help with my Personal Web Space and I came upon your message, so I don't know if this is the right forum or not.

I can tell you that I don't use the Verizon site builder to build and maintain my site.  I use a program called Taco HTML Edit and then upload the files with the Fetch FTP program.  You can see my site at    http://mysite.verizon.net/mister22sevenths/

I have been trying to get the CGI scripts Verizon "provides" to work with no luck.

If you were told that  Verizon does not support a personal web space, that does not bode well for any CGI help.

rob 

alan31
Enthusiast - Level 2

Rob,

As far as correctness of forum, this was moved here from where I originally posted, so I assume it is correct.

My only experience was that Verizon does not support the Site Builder software that they provide on myVerizon.

Perhaps there is some other way in which they support a personal web space.   

Alan

0 Likes
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

Bob answer to your question about using a web page editor on the comptuer and then using FTP is the correct answer on how edit the web pages.

0 Likes
alan31
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks.

0 Likes
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

@Alan wrote:

Thanks.

Sure, no problem.

Go to http://www2.verizon.net/myaccount/manage/sitebuilder/ftp_info.asp

alan31
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks, dslr...

I haven't tried it yet, but that sure does look like the answer.

0 Likes
lasagna
Community Leader
Community Leader

Another option ... since you're a Mac user would be to use the iWeb application to design/layout your site and then publish it via the FTP interface.

rayroberts43

I am very disappointed with the lack of performance when trying to access my personal web site and related tools. I am running into several road blocks and page errors. My question, does Verizon still support this?

0 Likes
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

@rayroberts43 wrote:

I am very disappointed with the lack of performance when trying to access my personal web site and related tools. I am running into several road blocks and page errors. My question, does Verizon still support this?

Verizon offers "soft" support for PWS. This means that if the agent you're working with happens to know the answer to your question, they'll answer it. If it's something that they can easily stumble across the answer in their documentation and/or during a remote session, they'll do that. Otherwise, it's pretty much all you.

Realistically though, if there's a problem with the Site Builder itself (not the scripts you put on the page), then you should be able to have a ticket escalated to have it fixed. If it's anything else, your best bet would probably be something like this forum, were other users can our collective knowledge.

What is it exactly that you're having trouble with?

0 Likes