Phishing Email
Cora
Contributor - Level 1

Good evening,

I searched for the proper place to put this post but could not find one.  I figured this is as good a place as any other.

I received an email, without my name,  from Communispace Corporation on behalf of Verizon entitled:  An Opportunity to Advise Verizon and Be Rewarded.  It has Verizon's red check and trademark name.  It reads:

"Verizon invites you to see if you qualify for the Verizon online community - an exclusive secure, password protected, moderated online community of 300 creative problem-solvers who will serve as consultants to support Verizon in the creation of new products, packaging, promotions and advertising.

In addition to sharing tips and building friendships with other members, you will receive periodic Amazon.com gift certificates in exchange for your participation."     This exact sentence appears in 2 different paragraphs.

To determine if I qualify, I am to click a link which leads to a 10 minute questionnaire which I am to answer.

"All of your responses will be kept confidential and will NOT be used or distributed for any other purpose.

Thanks for your participation."

Then there are names, titles and Verizon's address.

Of course I did not click the link, however, without viewing the questionnaire I have no doubt this is a phishing email.  I post this information in the hopes that others can be warned.  Sadly, those most affected usually are not informed in time.

Re: Phishing Email
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Thanks Cora. You may just be saving someone the grief of having their identity stolen.

0 Likes