Press 1 if you think Verizon Customer Service is Awful
gmanva
Enthusiast - Level 2

I consider myself Verizon's idea of the "perfect" customer. 

First, I have the FIOS Bundle package (phone, internet, TV) with all the bells and whistles, including all the movie channels and sports packages. 

And, until very recently, I was a longtime Verizon wireless customer.

The problem is that Verizon treats me like I'm some kind of idiot.  I get an e-mail that reads (in part): "According to our records, you have not yet accepted the FiOS Bundle Customer Agreement that contains the terms and conditions covering your Verizon FiOS Triple Bundle. In order to receive the discounts associated with this bundle for 12 consecutive months, please review and accept the agreement...."

OK, fine. So I click the link. It asks me for my username and password.  I try to use my Verizon logon. No, apparently that doesn't work.  I need another username/password. 

I call up support, and after going through a bunch of convoluted menus, I get through to a human being who says I need to talk to someone from e-center. {word filter avoidance}   Apparently, I need a username and password from there.  I tell the customer service person I'd like to confirm my bundle via the mail.  "I'm sorry, you can't do that.  We need you to confirm this online so that we have recourse in case you cancel."

Really!! That's funny because I didn't have to go online to confirm my cell phone plan (formerly with Verizon), and I sure {edited} don't need to go online to any of the other bills that have for electricity, gas, water.  Apparently, FIOS is so incredible you can only do it online.  The customer person says, "It's like a digital fingerprint!!"  Oh, really! Gosh, thanks!

So I realize nothing will come of this rant, but you {word filter avoidance}  who run this company should really {please keep your posts courteous}  try calling your own company's customer service lines to see what it's like.

And while I'm at it, as a former Verizon shareholder you really made an idiot move by not coming to some sort of agreement with Apple to be the exclusive carrier of the iPhone.  I give you kudos for investing so heavily in fiber so many years ago, but your customer service is awful.  Just awful.

Message Edited by KaLin on 01-14-2009 11:48 AM
Re: Press 1 if you think Verizon Customer Service is Awful
Techman28
Master - Level 1
ok when you go to www.verizon.net/fiosbundleterms you should be prompted for the username and password. The username and password is your username you created @verizon.net and that password. My apologies that you were steered wrong let me know if you need anything else
0 Likes
gmanva
Enthusiast - Level 2

Dear Verizon Employee,

You wrote: "The username and password is your username you created @verizon.net and that password."

I do not have a "@verizon.net" account.  If you click the link you provided, which is coincidentally, the same one I received in my original e-mail from Verizon it says:

"New Verizon FiOS Internet Subscribers.. A Verizon ID and Password will be provided to you once your new FiOS Internet service is installed and activated."

Since I did NOT receive this information, I have to go through all the <self edited> trouble of contacting customer support and waiting for one <self edited> hour to get one.

I did finally speak with an "e-center" representative only to be told, "Sir, I can only help with with @verizon.com e-mail addresses, not @verizon.net ones. For those you have

to contact another customer service representative."   That just <self-edited> great.

The point of my e-mail is that whatever <self edited> manager thinks that is a good way to run a business, is a <self edited> <self edited>.

Greg

0 Likes
sanan77
Enthusiast - Level 3

There are 2 way you can established a user name and password,  There is usuallyemail sent to you before install Title "What's Next" that email will have info on how to the set an email up for you,   The email you set up will be you Primary user name and password you will have use to accepte you Fios Bundle Terms..   If you do decided to be bold enough and call into the FSC Via 888-553-1555 (Hint you can say agent to bypass Automation)..  Request them to share Screen using "Go to Assist" and help you establish a user name and password on the Verizon.net,   if they cannot ask for the something call the Data ckt order number it would begin with a ICOG or COG take that number and go to the following site

https://activatemyfios.verizon.net   It will need that number and home Zip code it will install some useless software but will also help established your primary user name and id

Let me know how it goes sir  

0 Likes
gmanva
Enthusiast - Level 2

sanan77-  Thank you for your reply, that was faster and more helpful than the Verizon response.

I called FIOS tech support, got my order number, and proceeded to the web site to obtain my FIOS username and password (i.e. to "activate" my FIOS service).

Once I did that, viola, I could accept the terms of service, etc. 

The **bleep** part of the "activation" process, (hopefully "**bleep**" is benign enough not be edited out by the VZ censors) which you alluded to in your response to me, is the REQUIRED installation of software on my local computer.

Since when should FIOS "account activation" include the REQUIRED installation of junkware on my local PC?

The fact is, my FIOS service was fully activatated after the technician finished the install:

- I have IP connectivity at the ONT and DHCP works (FIOS Internet: CHECK!)

- I have the Program Guide, and can request Video On-Demand (VOD) services (FIOS TV: CHECK!)

- My telephone works (FIOS telephone: CHECK!)

CHECK, CHECK, CHECK. Conclusion: FIOS service has been activated.

As a final postscript to this thread, let me add one more quick note:  When I signed up for FIOS service, I did so from the VZ home page where I managed by telephone bill. At the end of that order process, I had to click and accept a huge bunch of legalese confirming the order and so forth.  Why on earth didn't they include these terms at that time? Or why don't they provide an alternative to creating the username, such as "Enter your phone number, the exact amount of your last bill, and your street address".  You get the idea... There are easier way to verify your identity than the one they have created.

Thanks again for your help sanan77.

zooky
Contributor - Level 1
{please keep your posts courteous - no personal comments please}

I'm a newbie to FIOS, coming over from Direct TV (DTV).  My phone and DSL have always been with Verizon.  I saw much the same thing at DTV and am only switching to FIOS because I like state-of-art things.  I also know being at that level also presents certain risks.  But, so far, Verizon has kept me very well informed as to what I must do in order to be ready for the install, on-n-on.  One user complains about the install putting tons of "Junk" on his system.  He really doesn't know all that much about computers or he wouldn't be saying that.  Communications s/w is mindboggling! (I've been in computer operating s/w R&D for 35 years).

So far, Verizon has almost inundated me with "stuff" trying to get me up to speed.  They get nothing but high marks from me on that.  I will admit, though, that I have yet to get into the *possible* billing snafu that others have experienced before me.  Hopefully (fingers x'd behind me) they've got that all fixed by now.

At any rate - thanks Verizon - you've always been there for me in the past.

Message Edited by Jonathan_K on 01-20-2009 04:49 PM
0 Likes
Re: Press 1 if you think Verizon Customer Service is Awful (1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1)
funzalow
Enthusiast - Level 1

1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1 !!!!! 

Your post on the forum is DEAD ON !!!  I've spent two days trying to deal with Verizon. The customer service is NON EXISTANT !!!  It took 6 hours (at my work) trying to find somone who even remotely knew where and how to begin to help. Unfortunately, (status quo) I was put on hold and we were disconnected.  Gee, I'm not too ticked off at this point, I've only been disconnected like 20 times since.

After going home, and spending another 2 1/2 hours on the phone with Verizon, the issues with the services I chose are straightened out. I think???

Now .......I'm trying to activate the bundle online.  WHAT A JOKE !!!!  Their stupid www.verizon.net/fiosbundleterms website doesn't work. After reading other posts, it appears mailing it in doesn't work either.

I'm so sorry I ever switched from COMCAST. At least their customer service system worked. I am regretting the day when I have real problems, like with the equipment, etc. Hats off to the COMCAST customer service !!!

Dear Verizon,

If you even care to read these forums you will do SOMETHING about your customer service issues. It's apalling. I spit on you.  Please tell me what you spent the MILLIONS of dollars on.

signed,

a very ticked off customer.....

(and it's only been 2 weeks since the install)