Problem with Special Projects Billing
Hank15

I am having a problem with a bill I received from Verizon Special Projects Billing.  I received a billing statement in the amount of $596.33, I have a dispute with this bill and wanted to discuss it with someone so I called the number on the bill that says "Questions?  Call: (800) 321-4158"  The receptionist asked for my claim number, told me that {edited for privacy} was handling my claim and put me through to her line.  I got her voicemail and left her a detailed message on 01/25/17 and I waited at home for a return call which never came.  The next day I called, again got the receptionist and I asked if {edited for privacy} was in, she said she was and put me through and again I got her voicemail and left a detailed message, again staying home all day so that I would not miss her return call since I wanted to resolve the issue.  Still no return call so on 01/30/17 I call and again get the receptionist, ask to speak to a supervisor and I am put through to {edited for privacy}.  I get his voicemail and I leave a detailed message and mention that I have left messages with {edited for privacy} and have not had a return call and I ask him to either have her call me or call me himself, which of course neither happens.  I am worried that they will send my unpaid bill to collections and report to the credit bureaus that I am late which would not be fair since I have tried three times to contact them to discuss this bill.  I have seen from reading this forum that other people have also had this problem with the CMR Claims Department.  I would like to discuss the situation with someone and the circumstances surrounding this charge to repair my Verizon line.  

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Problem with Special Projects Billing
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Hank1,

Claims Management Resources (CMR) is a Verizon authorized vendor that provides invoicing services to recover Verizon’s cost to repair damage done to the Company’s facilities. This includes but is not limited to:
• Buried and Aerial lines
• Poles
• Conduit and vehicles
CMR can handle disputes of claims directly, and works with the local field office that performed the repair. If you wish to dispute a CMR claim, you may contact them by phone at 1-800-321-4158 or by email at bswcomplaint@cmrclaims.com.

We would suggest contacting the company by email if attempts by phone have been unsuccessful.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Hank1,

Claims Management Resources (CMR) is a Verizon authorized vendor that provides invoicing services to recover Verizon’s cost to repair damage done to the Company’s facilities. This includes but is not limited to:
• Buried and Aerial lines
• Poles
• Conduit and vehicles
CMR can handle disputes of claims directly, and works with the local field office that performed the repair. If you wish to dispute a CMR claim, you may contact them by phone at 1-800-321-4158 or by email at bswcomplaint@cmrclaims.com.

We would suggest contacting the company by email if attempts by phone have been unsuccessful.

0 Likes
Aberdeen

CMR appears to be a scam. I reported them to Better Business Bureau. I had the same experience. I contacted Verizon who told me they had no records of any debt and told me not to pay.

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

As this thread is now over two years old, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes