Recurring Charges on Bills Tech Support Pro, add-in called here!
Sk8ter1
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm one of those people that keeps somewhat of an eye on how or if my monthly fee changes. Much to my surprise, I went from $103 to about $203. Now after three different chat reps, the first two could not explain what the charge was, only the last was able to explain at least a little about what I was being charged for and how did it happen. He was not given any ability to credit or offer any compensatory solution so here's a employee of Verizon who has to listen about all the little bogus charges and the guy can't do a **bleep** thing about it.

I found out tonight I was charged $8.99 per month since December 2014 for an 'add on' bundle to my TV. I asked the first two chat reps - what is here! exactly, how did it get on the bill, how was it ordered, what was the date/time stamp - you get the idea. The third guy at least told me what it was. here! is an Adult Programming package which not only did I not order, I didn't even know what it was, AND it had been on my bill for the last 30 months! In addition, I've been billed every month for TechSupport Pro at $10 with a $5.00 discount for the last 30 months. So, we add it all up and it's cost me over $420 dollars. I told Mike I expected a credit. He couldn't give me one. Verizon doesn't empower their Chat Reps to actually take care of a pretty important issue - like the ones that include client retention - important if you ask me.

So, I'm calling billing in the morning and I'm nice and professional and will go over this again and request what I believe is fair middle ground on these charges not authorized by me (we were out of town that day). The next level is an email to support, then we'll go to the BBB and unleash a flood on social media. Now I'm pretty easy going, fairly obvious since I didn't see that charge until that month. But, that doesn't excuse Verizon of making the fees understandible. I challenge you to search the site for the add on package here! - good luck. 

I'd recommend everyone take a really good look at the smaller charges and see if you remember ordering Tech Support Pro - which I would never do because I can set up a network, add devices, download an app for my phone. It makes me wonder though why signing up for Tech Support Pro is such a good idea and if you don't have it, does it mean Verizon does not technical support their products and service?

I added a screenshot from the billing area in question. Shame on me for not knowing or reviewing my bill in closer detail. Shame on Verizon for not being clear about charging. And, when they run into some customer like me who pays their bills for years without question and asks for a credit for one hummer of a mistake, they just can't? Really? So off to the other means of escalation that makes PR a nightmare but I'll give them one more chance tomorrow. Then if they meet me half way, I'll rest. If they make it a battle, I'll take on the project of using Social Media to expose some covert charging that seems, according to the forum, to be the rule, not the  exception.

Signed a very unhappy Verizon Fios Internet/TV customer who can take her business elsewhere. Final note - check your bill for that tech support pro charge.

Re: Recurring Charges on Bills Tech Support Pro, add-in called here!
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Sk8ter,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and scroll down the page to an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name located above your post, or at the top right of this page.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, you may subscribe to the case. At the top right of your support case there is a gear icon which provides a drop down menu with support case options. Click that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes