Repairing damage caused during FIOS installation
NM19

Hello,

In July I switched to Verizon FIOS.  A technician was sent to install the service.  To do so, he drilled a hole into the wall above my front door (I live in a condo).  He did not ask permission, and I did not protest - I assumed he knew what he was doing and what was necessary, as well as what is customarily acceptable in a condo building in DC (after all, he must do this multiple times every day).  By the end of the installation process, there was now a new rectangular cover plate above my front door, from which a thick FIOS wire descended roughly a foot before entering through a new hole in the wall (the hole was the roughly covered with translucent putty).  A photo is attached.

I was just contacted by the condo management, which informed me that this violated the building's rules on external wiring being visible in public spaces.  No other apartment has a wire like mine hanging above their door.  They've demanded that this be fixed (i.e. the wire and hole be behind the same plate, with no wires visible), at which point they intend to repair the wall, repaint it, and bill me for it.  They are also considering fining me for the violation.

I don't know why the technician installed it as he did; again, I was not consulted before he drilled nor asked about the wire.  I am requesting that you return to finish the installation properly (specifically ensuring that the wire is professionally placed behind the single plate).  I am also asking that you cover the costs I will be charged by my building.  I hope we can resolve this amicably.

Thanks,
NatimageWire protruding above the door.

Tags (2)
0 Likes
Re: Repairing damage caused during FIOS installation
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi NM19,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Message Inbox for a message from Verizon_Support. You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents who will be assisting you privately.

0 Likes