Scammed by Verizon * Gift Card * - Very Disappointed
newhomeowner11

My fiance and I just bought our first home and were debating between Comcast and Verizon. When we called Comcast, we had an okay experience. We called Verizon to enquire about similiar services and immediately clicked with the rep, so we moved forward. We were also told we would be receiving a $250 gift card to apply to our Verizon services, which should alleviate the fact that our first 2 bills would be so high, to which I responded how pleased I was since my future husband was recently out of the Army and had only just started his new job. The rep agreed......but failed to mention the fact that you actually CANNOT apply this "gift card" to your bill!! This is such a scam, truly shocking for a company of such capacity, and kind of slimey to be honest (and I work in Corporate America). You are blatantly manipulating potential clients. $250 may not seem like much to your executives who make that much in an hour from their stock options alone, but that's a big deal for the average person. Very disappointed and will never recommend Verizon to anyone. 

Tags (2)
0 Likes
Re: Scammed by Verizon * Gift Card * - Very Disappointed
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

How is it a scam?

Is it only useable for Verizon products or it is a generic gift card (like visa or MC).

If it is generic, you can use it for other things (groceries, clothing, etc).

0 Likes
newhomeowner11

It is strictly a Verizon gift card that I was led to believe could be used to pay my bill. This is false. It can be used only at a Verizon store, from what I understand. That is a scam. 

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi newhomeowner1,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and scroll down the page to an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name located above your post, or at the top right of this page.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, you may subscribe to the case. At the top right of your support case there is a gear icon which provides a drop down menu with support case options. Click that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes