Service Fee
greggie195

I had Fios TV/internet and phone installed in mid July before moving in.  The tech was nasty and in a rush.  He used old equipment that was already in the apartment the entire time complaining that he could only work a half day.  Over a month later, after moving in, I realized some of the stations did not nork well.  I tested my lines and figured out the old grounding plug off of the ONT (inside my apartment) was bad.  This is a Verizon piece of equipment.  After talking to someone on the phone, he informed me that a tech had to come out and that there wouldn NOT be a charge.  This tech that came out was much nicer and easy to work with.  He replaced ithe groudning block which cleared up some of the bad channels.  One channel remained pixelated and the tech said I needed new coax.  He told me there would be a charge if he changed it.  I declined the coax and he said I would NOT be charged.  Now I see a $91 charge for this tech to come out.  I called billing and dealt with a very rude, nasty individual who "read the notes" while I was on hold for 20 minutes.  She said any time a tech comes out there is a charge regardless of what the problem is.  This was never told to me and she said there is nothing that can be done.  She informed me it is $220 to cancel my contract which I believe is the best option.  Switching from DirecTV to Fios has been nothing but headaches and unfortunetly I must now switch to Time Warner. I can not deal with Verizon any longer.

0 Likes
Re: Service Fee
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi greggie195,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes