Support DVR
foureasons

Upgraded my bundle with verizon last week and ordered the upgrade DVR (for more space).  Received DVR (used) in two days.

Installed as per instruction.  Acitivation failed the first time, and was successful the second time.  However, DVR is not working

you menu but stations and all other option reply "not available.  Also, time on DVR is hours off.  Tried in vain to get thru to support

no success at all.  Spend about 2 hours plus.  Finally used online chat, but all they told me was to call tomorrow as they are

having some issues.  I installed older DVR and it working as before so I'm watching TV.  Any ideas what the problem is with support?

Joe S

0 Likes
Re: Support DVR
Justin46
Legend

@foureasons wrote:

Upgraded my bundle with verizon last week and ordered the upgrade DVR (for more space).  Received DVR (used) in two days.

Installed as per instruction.  Acitivation failed the first time, and was successful the second time.  However, DVR is not working

you menu but stations and all other option reply "not available.  Also, time on DVR is hours off.  Tried in vain to get thru to support

no success at all.  Spend about 2 hours plus.  Finally used online chat, but all they told me was to call tomorrow as they are

having some issues.  I installed older DVR and it working as before so I'm watching TV.  Any ideas what the problem is with support?

Joe S

Sure, they are swamped with calls about all of the outages caused by the storms Friday night. Apparently people are calling incessantly asking when they will get service back, etc. I don't understand why they would call like that, it is pretty obvious there is one heck of a lot of damage to power, phone, fiber, etc. facilities, over a very wide area, nobody can fix all of that in a few hours.

If you want to try again on the new DVR, hook it back up. When it starts up again it may very well work just fine. If it doesn't, if you can at least view the Menu, I suggest you:

1) Check System Information to verify that it has an IP address displayed (other than 0.0.0.0, should be 192.168.1.10x where x is 0, 1, 2, etc.). The Network Status should also say Online.

2) Try Self Diagnostics under Customer Support to see if there are any errors.

3) Try Network Diagnostics in the In-Home Agent under Customer Support, see if there are any errors.

4) Try running the Set-Top Box Auto Correction dialog in the In-Home Agent under Customer Support.

In other words, try all of the various diagnostic tools built-into the DVR to see if they can find anything and fix it.

I am a little confused by your statement that you ordered the upgrade DVR but got a used one. Are you talking about ordering the QIP7232 and paying the $40? If so, if I got a used DVR after paying that, I would be upset (I got a new one). Now if you just requested a new DVR and got the 7216 (still 160 GB hard drive but can attach external eSATA drive) then ok, that would be reasonable.

Hope you can get it all working.

Keller, TX 76248