The worst customer service I have experienced (and I have had xfinity and time warner)
agood1

I've been a long time Verizon customer and I will never recommend this company to anyone. Three days ago I placed an order with Verizon to expand my internet service and add television. The rep incorrectly assigned the order to my previous address. When I spoke with another rep to correct this she told me that she could not move the order since it was pending so I would have to call back once the order was in effect. Doesn't make alot of sense but alright, what's a little annoyance to make sure my service is properly set up right? wrong. I get a call from another Verizon rep the next day cancelling my order and assuring me that they have placed a new order at the same rate for my new address. The instal will be gratis and will happen the next week. The instal will take some time but okay, sure, a bit inconvenient but I can manage a few days without tv or internet service. She sends me the confirmation, instal fee is waived but the plan now costs over $35 more a month. What is going on? I call again and explain the situation to a rep. She tells me the plan is no longer available. How can this be? I just placed the order less than 24 hours ago?! She talks to her supervisor and they set me up with a similar plan and credit my account the difference in cost between the original plan and the new one. She says she will call back and send me a plan confirmation around 6. She does not call back, no confirm comes. I am left in limbo. I call today and speak with a guy who takes a look at my account and tells me there is no credit but they waived the instal fee. And the price? back up to over $35/ mo from the original. The rep from the day before didn't make a note on my account,  new rep has no idea what's going on. By this point we are on hour 9 of Verizon customer service hell. At this point I'm fed up, I cancel whatever fugazi plan is on my account. I get a text message from Verizon about an hour later confirming my instal appointment for next week. This is now a delicious lasagna of human and system error. I use Verizon's online chat feature because I am sick by now of being put on hold. Verizon chat bot/person confirms cancellation asks if she can look to see what can be done. Sure, try you brave little toaster! She quotes me the plans on the website. Now I am livid. I give the confirmation number from the original order. She will not honor that price, they no longer offer the plan, now less than 48 hours from when I placed the order. You won't honor the order price? Comparable company's have similar service in my area for much less, I've spent over 9 hours now with your customer service. She offers me $5 off a month and a $50 gift card. We are talking a price difference of $480 per annum now that she's attempting to rectify with a gift card and a minor discount. I ask her to confirm with her supervisor that they will not honor my order price. She does, and I confirm my cancellation. I've had crappy internet service providers in the past and I have experienced nothing like this. What kind of company doesn't honor their order confirmations? I've spent over a full business day troubleshooting the incompetence of Verizon and when you get down to it their offer of reconciliation was a gift card and a $5 discount that would have left me with $480 less in my pocket per year. This company has no integrity.

0 Likes
Re: The worst customer service I have experienced (and I have had xfinity and time warner)
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi agood,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Messenger Inbox for a message from a Verizon Support agent. You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page and then clicking the envelope icon that appears at the top of the menu. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents who will be assisting you privately.

0 Likes