Trees/branches tangled on phone/cable lines
Teanick1

Good day folks!

We are moving to the new home and have two (almost dead) trees on the front edge (sidewalk) of our property that are entangled in telephone and cable lines.  We've checked with the local power company, and VDOT, and they've assured us that the wires are not theirs and we should contact our phone and cable company.  We are curious to know if you do tree trimming or tree removal since the lines are completely surrounding the wires.  According to VDOT, they can take down the tree if the cable company (Verizon) can trim the branches that are tangled on the cable or phone lines.  But they cannot touch it at this time since the branches are tangled with the phone /cable lines.

I've been a long time FIOS and Verizon customer.  I've called your customer service but they only connected me to different people, but did not give an answer, or they don't know what to do or where to direct my inquiry.  I would appreciate if someone could take action on my request.

The trees are in Springfield, VA in Fairfax County. I can give you the exact address once I get a reply from you.

Thank you so much in advance!

{edited for privacy}

0 Likes
Re: Trees/branches tangled on phone/cable lines
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Teanick1,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and scroll down the page to an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name located above your post, or at the top right of this page.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, you may subscribe to the case. At the top right of your support case there is a gear icon which provides a drop down menu with support case options. Click that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes