Re: Verizon FiOS Early Termination Fee -- Salesman AND Manager lied
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Hello rcleon09

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.
Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".
Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Gater28

I too was informed by the sales rep that if I relocated to an area where Verizon was not availabe I would not incur the $200 early cacelation charge. When Fios was introduced to our neighborhood they were offering a $300 gift card as a promo offer. I didn't receive the card after four months of service, and when I inquired about it I was told by the customer service person that they don't handle card issues, a company called Pargo managed that function and that i would have to call them.

I dont understand why they allow the sales people to intentionally miss inform people about their policies and then when the customer tries to act on the information, the customer is simply told that they were wiss informed. It's only $200 but by their reasoning I should still exspect to recevive a $300 gift card. Whne I mentioned this to the manager I spoke with {edited for privacy}i he informed me that "that's not how it works" I appreciated the speed of their Fio's internet service but I just can't see how I could justify doing business with a copmany like this again. 

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Gater28

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.
Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".
Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

We did not hear back from you on your Private Support case. We hope you were able to find resolution to your issue.

If you require further assistance, feel free to make a new post, and we can be sure to look into your issue. As always, we're available for support around the clock.

Thanks,
Marcial

0 Likes
30chestnut2

I have a similar situation here. I was also told by a Verizon rep the same thing when I signed the 2 yr contract (on 8/1/2014) for our shared apartment and am now moving to an adjacent area that does not offer Fios. My roommates who are staying in the apratment actually wanted to take over the account and we called in, then the rep told us that there's no way to transfer the account from my name to his name and moreover I would be charged a $155 early termination fee before he could reorder a new service for the address. This is insane. We wanted to keep the service and the contract for the current address by just simply switching our names, it just can't happen. We are almost giving in and now thinking to just split that stupid early ternimation fee together and then go back to Comcast, because in the past when we had the service with Comcast, we had no problem transfering the account between tenants. When you are still in the age of renting a place with others, this happens a lot when the person who holds the account has to leave and the other one in the property takes over, how can this be so hard to arrange. I used to think service contracts were linked to addresses (this is how Comcast operates), aparently I was wrong here, with Verizon, they are just associated with your own name. So in the future, I guess nobody would want a non-transferable service with Verizon in a shared apartment/house, the policy is just ridiculous. 

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Hello 30chestnut2

0 Likes
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

We did not hear back from you on your Private Support case. We hope you were able to find resolution to your issue.

If you require further assistance, feel free to make a new post, and we can be sure to look into your issue. As always, we're available for support around the clock.

Thanks,
Marcial

0 Likes
aalkouri
Enthusiast - Level 1

I was told by the sales person who set up my account that if I moved to an area that was not covered by FIOS that I would be able to get out of my contract.  I was willing to even downgrade to a DSL line to stay in my contract but Verizon does not service the area I am moving too AT ALL.

Now I have a $200 cancelation fee?  This is nonsense.

I was lied to by Verizon so they can make a sale and now I am stuck with a $200 fee?

0 Likes
mkirby81

I'd like to add my voice to this forum.

I just got off the phone with a Verizon rep and was given the nice-but-still-bad-news "sorry, nothing we can do, you're getting hit with the prorated termination fee" explanation too. We're long-time Residential customers, even having just opened a Wireless account, and will be moving to an area where Verizon isn't available. I really don't see how the lack of Residential service constitutes a breaking of the 2-year contract on my part. Every other utility has given me a "no-fault" out when disconnecting.

0 Likes
mkirby81

I went looking for the Terms of the Service, and found this:

"  VERIZON DOES NOT WARRANT OR GUARANTEE THAT SERVICE CAN BE PROVISIONED TO YOUR LOCATION, OR THAT PROVISIONING WILL OCCUR ACCORDING TO A SPECIFIED SCHEDULE, EVEN IF VERIZON HAS ACCEPTED YOUR ORDER FOR SERVICE. THE PROVISIONING OF SERVICE IS SUBJECT TO NETWORK AVAILABILITY, CIRCUIT AVAILABILITY, LOOP LENGTH, THE CONDITION OF YOUR TELEPHONE LINE AND WIRING INSIDE YOUR LOCATION, AND YOUR COMPUTER/DEVICE CONFIGURATION AND CAPABILITIES, AMONG OTHER FACTORS. IN THE EVENT YOUR LINE IS NOT PROVISIONED FOR ANY REASON, NEITHER YOU NOR VERIZON SHALL HAVE ANY DUTIES OR OBLIGATIONS UNDER THIS AGREEMENT (OTHER THAN YOUR OBLIGATION TO RETURN ANY EQUIPMENT). "

I'd say an ETF would constitute a "duty" in the event that Verizon cannot provision service to my new location.

0 Likes