Verizon Fios Rate increase w/o prior notification
mtardiff1
Enthusiast - Level 2

A week ago I was sent notification that I would be receiving a bill credit for some sports fees that they are refunding.  Then my bill came and it was $9 higher.  After digging in I saw they did credit me a whopping $1.13 but at the same time they quietly increased the cost of my TV/internet bundle by $9 without ANY PRIOR WARNING!!!   I'm sorry but I didn't think that was allowed by anyone, ever, that is running a reputable business.  I need an explanation by someone from Verizon for  how they can get away with this. 

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Verizon Fios Rate increase w/o prior notification
gs0b
Community Leader
Community Leader

Note you won't get an explanation from Verizon here.  This is a peer-to-peer forum.  If you want a comment from Verizon, contact them using phone, chat or social media support (tweet @verizonsupport or post on their facebook page.)

If you're not on a contract, prices can change at any time.  That's why it's important to watch the bill, which it appears you've been doing.  I've personally experienced TV rate increases without a four month notification.

Like any service, you can shop around if you don't like the prices.  There are many options for video entertainment these days.  Shop around.

View solution in original post

mtardiff1
Enthusiast - Level 2

I stand corrected.  On page 4 in teeny tiny print 4 months ago they noted a rate increase.  They noted it once on that one bill 4 months earlier and never again.    They were happy to EMAIL a notification about my $1.13 credit but a $9 rate increase that will last a lifetime, not so much.   This is absolutely pathetic.    When I called I had a rude Customer service person that said there was nothing I could do about it.   No other plans existed that could get me to my original rate.   Why do I stick with Verizon?  

0 Likes
gs0b
Community Leader
Community Leader

Note you won't get an explanation from Verizon here.  This is a peer-to-peer forum.  If you want a comment from Verizon, contact them using phone, chat or social media support (tweet @verizonsupport or post on their facebook page.)

If you're not on a contract, prices can change at any time.  That's why it's important to watch the bill, which it appears you've been doing.  I've personally experienced TV rate increases without a four month notification.

Like any service, you can shop around if you don't like the prices.  There are many options for video entertainment these days.  Shop around.

Marklayne23

I've been on their mix and match plan for a while now. When I let them sign me up off my previous plan the representative assured me my price would never change as long as I didn't make any changes to my plan.  I must have asked that rep 4 times, 4 different ways, for assurances that it wouldn't change, how could I be sure of that if there is no contract.

Within a few months it went up for the first time.  It just went up for the third time on my current bill. The first two times I dealt with unhelpful customer support who assured me I couldn't have been told what I thought I was told, even though I still had the chat transcript saved>

This time, with another $7/month increase, the rep I chatted with tried to sign me up for a 4 year plan that cost another couple of dollars a month more than the rate increase I'm already facing.

0 Likes