I renewed my FIOS account on 6/9/14 (while processing a move to a new address) and the online quote was for $124.99/month.
Now the reps are telling me that the online quote included discounts that expired that day (the day my current agreement ended). The printed order that I placed shows two $5 discounts "for 24 months", and one $10 disount "for 24 months", and a $10 discount for the verizons connection program.
The same amount is shown for the first month, and for months 2 and 3, as all installation charges were waived. It also shows a $15.99 increase for months 4-12, and another $15.99 increase for 13-24 as discounts for the Ultimate Premium Completer credits expire.
I have spoken to customer service thre times, first women would not let me speak, and keep speaking over me and finally hung up on me. Second rep said she has seens this problem before, and it is a SW bug that includes current credits with new credits. Spoke to her supervisor who said nothing could be done. They did not offer any method of me proving I had a printed order showing an extra $30/month discount) I offered email, faxing, or even driving to a local office to have THEM send it. All offers were refused.
My issue is that I entered into a contract based on the only pricing information I had available at the time (their online ordering system.) The order confirmation email (which I didn't pay particular attening to, as I had the printed confirmation from the web site.) To me, this is like ordering an item from Amazon, based on the price shown on a website, and then billing my creditcard an extra $720.00. I did not agree to the price shown in the email, I would have gone with another cable/sattelite carrier had I known of the higher price. I also purchased 3 TiVo Romios (at $399 each) which I cannot use now with sattelite.
This order was a nightmare from the get go. You cannot order cablecards from the web anymore (yes, they used to have the ability, but I guess their set box rentals are more profitable). So I needed to call after the order was placed to remove the set box, and add the cabe cards.
Then they kept sending me emails from the "Credit Verification Center" to "Complete my order". I called the number no less than three times (after three different emails), an no one there knew of any problems nor could they cross reference the number given in the email.
I was sent an email (1 minute after placing the order) that I should have ordered a battery from the ONT, but I knew the house I was moving to already had a battery, and it was not needed.
After I move, the provisioning was wrong for the phone service, no service the first day. Then I receive a set box (which should have been canceled), and I have to drive that to the Local Verizon FIOS store to return. THen, a few days later a Battrey shows up. Luckily they let me keep the battery, and remove it's charge from my bill.
How much can one company screw up?
I simply can't believe that Comcast has worse customer service.
Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.
Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.