Receive up to $504 promo credit ($180 w/Welcome Unlimited, $360 w/ 5G Start, or $504 w/5G Do More, 5G Play More, 5G Get More or One Unlimited for iPhone plan (Welcome Unlimited and One Unlimited for iPhone plans can't be mixed w/other Unlimited plans; all lines on the account req'd on respective plans)) when you add a new smartphone line with your own 4G/5G smartphone on an eligible postpaid plan between 2/10/23 and 4/5/23. Promo credit applied over 36 months; promo credits end if eligibility requirements are no longer met.
$699.99 (128 GB only) device payment purchase or full retail purchase w/ new smartphone line on One Unlimited for iPhone (all lines on account req'd on plan), 5G Start, 5G Do More, 5G Play More or 5G Get More plan req'd. Less $699.99 promo credit applied over 36 mos.; promo credit ends if eligibility req’s are no longer met; 0% APR.
I can write a book about this at this point but I'll try to be brief. Basically, I like the Triple Play Product that I have and it is mostly reliable. The problem is Verizon FIOS customer service is HORRIBLE and the process of signing up for the product is TERRIBLE. At this point, I have spoken with multiple supervisors and they refuse to give me a way to get in touch with anyone higher up, so I would like to just post my issue on multiple forums in the hopes that someone higher up will take a notice at the problems and see what's going on in the customer service department. Here are some of my complaints:
- The computerized process to sign up for Triple Play did not work and I was in a house that previously had Triple Play
- The computerized process to sign up for Verizon Connections (a discount program) did not work
- Credits promised were not given and then it's an hours long process to try and get someone in customer service to try and issue those credits
- Phone Reps that refuse to transfer you to a supervisor and are rude
- Phone Supervisors not available when and you are told that someone will call back and then no one calls back
- Phone Reps and supervisors that tell you that they will do a follow-up and no one calls back
- Phone Reps that tell you to call and ask for them if you have an issue. When you call, the rep that answers sends an e-mail out to the original rep, but often no call back
- Phone reps in the Escalations department that leave you a call back number, but when you call that number, it goes to a voicemail and, despite numerous voicemails, they don't call back. Then you start getting a busy signal every time you call that number
- Then online Chat customer support is basically similarly bad
- When service goes out (which happened only once to me), it shouldn't be a big issue, but you have to spend hours on the phone with tech support and customer service is so bad that it becomes a big issue
- You go to exchange the cable box after driving 1 hour each way, they forget to include the power cord so you have to drive back to get it
- They don't feel that extreme customer inconvenience has any value and they often tell you that there is little they will do for the inconvenience
- When you speak to a supervisor and actually get in touch with one, they do apologize and say they will do some kind of internal review process for training. But how can you trust them if they won’t even call you when they say they will.
Basically, the highest level you can reach is the supervisor and, if the supervisors don't do their jobs correctly, there is no higher level you can reach. The upper level managers or even the CEO would be enraged if s/he knew all of the above is going on, but s/he will likely never know because you can't get any higher than a supervisor. It is unacceptable and, as a customer, I feel defeated and hurt after hours of my life were wasted on the phone. I wish I had never joined Verizon FIOS. Even though they have a decent product (when it works), their problem handling is the worst I have ever experienced. I have to take a hit on the early termination fees, but I can't put up with this any longer. Luckily, there are other companies in my area that offer cable, internet, and phone service and they will help pay the early termination fee. I will never go with Verizon for anything and will tell others I know to do the same...
Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.
Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.
Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions.
To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".
Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.