Why am I receiving Verizon communication-to-other-customers emails and nobody cares to fix this?
Visitor4
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hello,

I am not a Verizon customer and have never been one, but for some unknown reason I am getting various notification messages sent by volconsumer@verizon.com, verizon.ecenter@verizon.comreply-isnot-monitored@verizon.com, email@info.verizon.com and essentialsandextras@email.click.verizon.net to Verizon subscribers. Message headlines go like:

Important Change to Your Verizon High Speed Internet Account

Important Information Regarding Your Verizon Online Account

Important Information: Welcome to Verizon FiOS

Important Information: Welcome to Verizon High Speed Internet

Important! Verizon High Speed Internet Change Order Complete

Important! Your Verizon High Speed Internet

Please Verify your FiOS Order

SAVE THIS EMAIL - Easy Links to Control your FiOS Services

The Power of You - Turn Off the Paper and Help the Environment!

Verizon Broadband Essentials & Extras Notification

Verizon FiOS Installation Schedule Date Confirmation

Verizon High Speed Internet Service Change Confirmation

Verizon In-Home Agent: At your service!

Verizon Member Services  Get FiOS, now with no term contract required!

Verizon Notification  Verizon Credit Request Status

Verizon Online Broadband Essentials & Extras Order Cancellation

Welcome to Verizon High Speed Internet

Your Verizon High Speed Internet Is Ready!

Your Verizon High Speed Internet Order Confirmation

Your Verizon High Speed Internet Status

This started about 11 months ago and I have received about 25 different messages since then. Several months ago I've tried contacting Verizon support and after being forwarded quite a lot was able to explain my problem to a woman who promised to forward my complain to the responsible team at the same time she refused to give any support ticket number for tracking this request. She said I would be contacted in a week or two. It's been 3 months since then, messages keep coming to me, and probably not to the intended recipients.

I would appreciate someone from Version team forwarding this message to the correct team/contact. I'd be happy to provide the archived emails for troubleshooting.

0 Likes
Re: Why am I receiving Verizon communication-to-other-customers emails and nobody cares to fix this?
Hubrisnxs
Legend

They have to know who the person is who has their account set up wrong?   Do you know who they are or how to identify them?

if not, how do you expect Verizon to find which user that is?

Best thing for you to do is set up a mail filter and just throw those into the trash or delete them the second they come into your email box. 

here are a couple walk throughs. 

Re: Why am I receiving Verizon communication-to-other-customers emails and nobody cares to fix this?
Visitor4
Enthusiast - Level 2

1) I would not jump to a conclusion that someone's account is set wrong. It might as well be a mailing script/database error.

2) Most of the emails have account numbers in them. Verizon representatives so far showed no interest in investigating this.

Hubrisnxs
Legend
Either way, a quick mail filter rule will make short work of those emails vs spending 1,2,3 + hours on the phone.
0 Likes
Visitor4
Enthusiast - Level 2

To the original question, I still want Verizon to fix their software and stop spamming my mailbox with unsolicited email which may potentially contain someone's PII.

Hubrisnxs
Legend

Sorry if you didn't think I was being helpful. I provided a solution based on what information you have. I've worked with databases for a long time and if you don't have info that could help them track down the problem it will be a long arduous path to finding a resolution. You've already experienced it first hand. That's why I provided the above solution. If you'd rather try to have Verizon correct the issue then my advice would be to collect any information that would be helpful for a representative to find the flaw! And call them at 1-800 VERIZON or use the contact us link at the bottom of the page to open a live chat with them. Best of luck.

Also, FYI 

The Verizon Community Forums is where customers help other customers.  
If you need assistance for specific Verizon account issues, please contact us

0 Likes
Visitor4
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you for your suggestions.

As I mentioned in my second message there is enough information to identify the accounts.

It's just that the issue is non-typical, so there is no one in Verizon support assigned to handle it.

That's why I'm looking for a way to escalate it beyond the first level of techsupport to the team which actually owns that functionality.

I don't mind your brainstorming the problem, but just to set your expectations, these are not the solution I'm looking for.

Thank you very much.