Why am I receiving a letter from a company called CMR with a Verizon billing attached to it for $410
SNGOPAL
Why am I receiving a letter from a company called CMR with a Verizon billing attached to it for $410.39?   

I am very frustrated with this bill that I keep receiving from CMR Claims Department for $410.39 after reporting Internet outage at my house. I was not informed of anything in the first place. I dint have internet for a couple of days.. Then aTechnician comes in and puts a temporary wire which ran all the way across our yard crossing the fence line and the road to connect to a common fios box. I was left like this for almost over a week. Neighbours started complaining about the line outside the fence. Then after a couple of phone calls another guy shows up and they replaced the temporary wire in my yard outside and sent a bill to me a couple weeks later.

I then contact verizon's billing department, customer service department and cable department who keep transferring me back and forth to each other because they dont know who to talk to including the managers who work there and at the end they say that I will receive a call with an update within 2-3 business days which never happened.

Thank you! 
0 Likes
Re: Why am I receiving a letter from a company called CMR with a Verizon billing attached to it for
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi SNGOPAL,

Claims Management Resources (CMR) is a Verizon authorized vendor that provides invoicing services to recover Verizon’s cost to repair damage done to the Company’s facilities. This includes but is not limited to:
• Buried and Aerial lines
• Poles
• Conduit and vehicles
CMR can handle disputes of claims directly, and works with the local field office that performed the repair. If you wish to dispute a CMR claim, you may contact them by phone at 1-800-321-4158 or by email at bswcomplaint@cmrclaims.com.

Re: CMR is Verizon's Vendor not Verizon Customer's Vendor
SNGOPAL

Ok...let's look at this logically.

I have always contacted  Miss Utility before any digging work began.  Please refer to the ticket information below. The area has been cleared by Verizon as "NO CONFLICT" in the stated area of work. The rose bed has been there for over a year.  When Verizon asked us if there was any work done, we had mentioned the rose bed where we did some weeding. Verizon assumes that the fios cable was cut by us and charges us through CMR. 

It should be Verizon's responsibility to correct the issue that has been caused by their irresponsibility in addressing the Miss Utility request. I do not understand why CMR is charging us.

Ticket : {edited for privacy} Taken: 05/10/16 11:17 AM

State: VA Cnty: LOUDOUN Place:
Address : XXXXXXX (address removed for privacy)
Responses due by: 05/13/16 07:00 AM Expires: 06/02/16 07:00 AM

Click here to view any available utility site location information

Marking Description Response
Code

CMC COMCAST (CMC259) 05/13/16 07:00 AM 999
Has not responded
Field Contact: S & N {edited for privacy}
In the event of damage to a facility call: {edited for privacy}
DOM DOMINION VA POWER ELEC DI (DOM400) 05/12/16 04:55 PM 10
Marked
Field Contact: UTILIQUEST {edited for privacy}
VZN VERIZON (VZN703) 05/10/16 11:46 AM 30
No Conflict; utility is outside of stated work area.
Field Contact: UTILIQUEST {edited for privacy}

0 Likes
Re: CMR is Verizon's Vendor not Verizon Customer's Vendor
SNGOPAL

Maybe you should charge UTILIQUEST employed by Verizon that said "NO CONFLICT".

0 Likes