Re: "mix and match" not available to existing customers?
duaneman
Enthusiast - Level 2

I was given this link for existing customers:

https://www.verizon.com/home/bundles/fios/ec

Re: Mix and Match is a JOKE!!! About to drop cable if this continues
Danielpjz
Enthusiast - Level 1

We got the same runaround. Told on chat that in order to switch our selections we had to call. A home phone is obsolete. We don’t want it and would prefer YouTube tv. Told by the rep on the phone we can’t change anything because we are under contact. We can only add to our existing bundle and that needs to be done online. Like we would add more and give this company more money. Ha! We’ve been loyal customers for 15+ years and this is what we get. Can’t wait til our contract is over. 

0 Likes
NandEsDad
Enthusiast - Level 2

I too had initial difficulties with switching to Mix and Match (I’m also a long time Fios customer). I was told only a supervisor can make changes to my account, so I requested to be escalated/transferred. I was connected to an extremely helpful, polite, and understanding (I’m serious) supervisor, who listened to my request (I wanted to switch to internet only, drop my landline, and add YouTube TV), and he made the changes I requested. No questions asked, no additional up selling or anything. My previous bill (with equipment, taxes, TV, phone, internet, and two subscription channels [ both of which I have the option to separately add in the future if I wish ] ), dropped from $210/month to $85/mo. I got exactly what I requested, and went from the brink of dropping Verizon altogether back to being a very satisfied customer.

G_Man3

I am now seeing mix and match option on the My Verizon dashboard.  I am in a contract that expires in August.  When I click on 'upgrade speed', I get sent to the old storefront to increase my speed by $20 more to go from 50mbps to 100mbps plus a one time $150 speed upgrade fee (probably a fee for upgrading to a new ONT I'm guessing) and then I get to keep my 'Select HD' TV package which is cheap due to less regional sports fees and I keep my existing contract.

If I click on mix and match from the dashboard, I get sent to the new store front and I can now get 200mbps and 'Your Fios TV' for $20 more than what I'm paying but seems to waive the $150 speed upgrade fee) and it says I would be in a 'no term agreement' which seems like a better deal especially since the regional sports fees appear to be rolled into the cheapest $50 TV package.  But during checkout it says that I need to agree that I will keep my bundle for 24 months or I have to pay an early termination fee.  

Is it possible to switch to mix and match pricing to get out of a contract and switch to Internet only from Verizon double play or triple play?  I don't mind signing a 24 month agreement if I have to in order to switch to mix and match, as long as I'm not forced to keep TV service and can switch to Internet only at at any time.

I'm debating dropping TV when my contract is up since I don't really watch sports and the few shows I watch seem to be moving to cheaper streaming services even while they air the current season... like FX networks will be uploading their shows to Hulu right after they air starting in March so it is probably cheaper to subscribe to Hulu for a month or two instead of a full cable package or may even be cheaper than purchasing a 'season pass' from a digital distributor if you only watch a few shows and want to keep up with the latest seasons. I think cable is headed this way and Verizon realizes this so it would make sense to make it easier for us to drop a TV package when we don't have anything we really want to watch on it. The state of cable TV packages, or internet TV packags seem to only really benefit those who like to watch live regional sports.

0 Likes
jdw11

for my situation mix and match is pretty much the same as the triple play I already have, I think all they've done is recombined charges/packages so you end up paying about the same regardless.  Very disappointing.

0 Likes
Hankster3
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hello NandEsDad,

Your Post is encouraging!

Question: What phone # did you call to make your request and demand xfer to Supervisor?  I can't find any phone # to talk to humans EXCEPT if I want to 'pay my bill'.

Also - did they require you to enable auto-pay from checking?

THANK YOU!

0 Likes
NandEsDad
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hello, sorry for the late reply to your question. I called 844-837-2262. And yes, they did state to get $10 off the cost of the internet (they offered 200/200 for $39.99, typically $49.99) I would need to change from having them charge my credit card each month to having it debited from my checking account. I initially thought this was no big deal and authorized it. Later that night my wife reminded me that with our CC company we have protection over unauthorized charges, and when using auto-debit from the checking account, we don’t (or at least it becomes possibly more troublesome if mistakes are made).

Re: The "mix and match" cake is a lie?
BSC2
Enthusiast - Level 2

Jessica took care of me a few days ago.  However, I can’t see online.  The page does load properly.  It’s really odd.

0 Likes
JP215
Enthusiast - Level 1

I had no problem and my contract wasn't up.  I went here http://verizon.com/mixandmatchchangeplan and clicked "Change Plan" then logged in.  Made my changes and Check Out.  No problem.

0 Likes
Clickrs1

Be careful when switching to this plan, I agreed to switch because it was going to save me $10, I asked if anything else would change and was assured no. Well when I got an email the next day I lost other discounts I had plus I lost my enchanted DVr service. When I called to switch back I was told they couldn’t do that but for $22 more I can get my dvr service back, WHAT?. Are they serious I am livid. I have been with Verizon for over 25 years and every single time I add or upgrade I lose something else and they can’t give me back my old service. I am now waiting for a supervisor to call me back. I am done if she can’t fix this without charging me more everything will be out on my porch and they can come get it.

0 Likes