4G phone not connecting to 3G Network Extender
TonyK1321

I have a Pixel 2.  I've noticed lately that my Verizon signal strength is low, so I dialed #48.  It said I am not covered by a 4G Network Extender.  Correct, I have a 3G Network Extender (scs_2u01).  How can I get my phone to recognize that network extender while I'm home and not using WiFi, but use 4G when I leave the house?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: 4G phone not connecting to 3G Network Extender
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The Pixel 2 might not be connecting to the 1xRTT signal by default. If possible, you may have to turn off the VoLTE or the HD Voice feature on your phone in order to force the device to use the 1xRTT signal. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
TonyK1321

How do I do that?  I cannot find either setting in Settings.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

It might not be possible. The 1xRTT network is being retired by the end of 2020 so the 3G extender may not work much longer. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That is a great question, TonyK1321. The Pixel 2 by default will connect to 4G when Advanced calling is on. In order for the device to connect to your extender, go to Settings, tap Network and internet, then tap Mobile network and turn off advanced calling. When you are out of your house, just turn Advanced calling back on and you'll be good to go. 

PedroM_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you, TonyK1321. What setting can you not find? Is the device active on the network? 

PedroM_VZW

0 Likes