588 number shows up in new group text
cdherndon

Created a group text tonight and a 588 number showed up in participants list. I could not see it, but others could

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: 588 number shows up in new group text
Nilsa_VZ
Community Manager
Community Manager

Some of you may have recently seen in your group chats the message that a participant with a 588 area code has "left the group." There is no need for concern with receiving any messages regarding the 588 area code. Verizon is currently in the process of sunsetting the Message+ application.

As a result, while we do system maintenance before the shutdown of Message+, other participants in your group texts may see messages with a 588 area code stating that your number has “left the group”.

Sorry for any alarm this may have caused, but rest assured, it is of no concern. For additional information, please see our FAQs.

Verizon Logo
Nilsa
Community Manager

Community Manager
Community Manager II

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for reaching out. We would be happy to help with your messages in any way we can. How many participants did you add to the group? Can you sent and receive messages on this group? 

RogerZ_VZW

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

did someoneone in the group have the 588 number?

adding members from a contavt list uses the number for the contact.

0 Likes
PRETTY_N_PINK48
Enthusiast - Level 1

Been reading these messages...Has Verizon gotten to the bottom of this issue? I just got a new Samsung phone and I've been on the Verizon network for well over 10 years. I am NOT using Messages+, but the standard Messages app. I have never received group messages from a 588 number in the past with my previous Android/Samsung phone. So, (1) WHY is this happening now and (2) HOW do you stop it from happening. Saying that "it just happens" when it didn't ever happen previously isn't sufficient.

KH-OrnEsh
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

KCFA247
Enthusiast - Level 1

They are from multiple old group text messages. I've received notices from varying contacts (famiy, business referral group, client) that they received a text notifying them that I have left the group and changed administrators

Nilsa_VZ
Community Manager
Community Manager

Some of you may have recently seen in your group chats the message that a participant with a 588 area code has "left the group." There is no need for concern with receiving any messages regarding the 588 area code. Verizon is currently in the process of sunsetting the Message+ application.

As a result, while we do system maintenance before the shutdown of Message+, other participants in your group texts may see messages with a 588 area code stating that your number has “left the group”.

Sorry for any alarm this may have caused, but rest assured, it is of no concern. For additional information, please see our FAQs.

Verizon Logo
Nilsa
Community Manager

Community Manager
Community Manager II
0 Likes