*611 calls the Global Roaming Hotline???
Glocker_1

Pixel 6.  Dialing *611 calls the Verizon Global Roaming Hotline (it's a US phone located in the US).

I've done the "reset Wi-Fi mobile Bluetooth".  I removed/replaced the SIM card.  I rebooted several times.  Verizon tier 2 support did the provisioning/reprovisioning of my phone.  No change.

My phone says I have Verizon's 12-16-21 Carrier settings version.

[#]832 says test call successful.  Dialing *611 from the iPhone results in the correct, normal Verizon message.

I don't normally call 611, so I have no idea if my Pixel 6 (received may 2022) has always done this or if this is something new.

Is this a Verizon Pixel 6 Android 12 bug?  Any thoughts on other things I can try?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: *611 calls the Global Roaming Hotline???
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Glocker_1 that does sound quite odd. Normally in dialing *611 from your handset, it will direct you to My Verizon or regular Customer Service but Global Customer Service, you should not be getting. Are you located near a bordering area like Mexico or Canada? 

-Nicci

0 Likes
Glocker_1

No I'm not.

I found this post from March "*611 gets misrouted to Global Roaming Center":

"I was told there is a "translate" error with Google Pixel phones that is known to cause this error.  It was only supposed to affect pixel 5 or above.   This is not a network routing issue according to the NRB team. The INC team refuses to talk with Google to resolve issue."

If that post is accurate, which it appears to be based on my experience, why is not something that all Verizon tech is aware of?  Why did I was 2 hours last night with support for a known Verizon/Pixel 6 issue?

0 Likes
Scott5337
Contributor - Level 3

@Glocker_1 wrote:

No I'm not.

I found this post from March "*611 gets misrouted to Global Roaming Center":

"I was told there is a "translate" error with Google Pixel phones that is known to cause this error.  It was only supposed to affect pixel 5 or above.   This is not a network routing issue according to the NRB team. The INC team refuses to talk with Google to resolve issue."

If that post is accurate, which it appears to be based on my experience, why is not something that all Verizon tech is aware of?  Why did I was 2 hours last night with support for a known Verizon/Pixel 6 issue?

Sorry to hear about your issue, I am sure that is frustrating. The issue does not seem to affect all Pixel 6 phones. I have a P6 also and just called *611 and the call worked correctly, did not route to the Global Roaming Center. Hopefully you can get in touch with someone at Verizon that provides some help.

0 Likes