BYOD ESIM Pixel 4XL
Bmack1
Enthusiast - Level 2

When will verizon support the esim on byod pixel 4 and pixel 4xl. I have had no luck having the esim activated and I have been instructed to the note that states "The eSIM of a Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) Google Pixel 4 / 4XL can't be activated with Verizon at this time."  They can activate this on a verizon version of the phone, this should be easy to setup on an unlocked device. 

Labels (1)
Re: BYOD ESIM Pixel 4XL
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We always will do everything we can to assist. However, at this time, we do not currently have any further information regarding if and when a "Bring Your Own Device" Google Pixel 4/XL would be able to use the eSIM feature.  Is there anything else that we can assist you with?

0 Likes
Bmack1
Enthusiast - Level 2

It appears the webpage that stated "The esim of your BYOD pixel 4 cant be activated at this time" is now gone.  Does this mean verizon now supports the esim for BYOD pixel 4?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Bmack1, we apologize for any alarm in the change of this page. Posts do age and will then be closed. The Pixel 4 and 4XL are dual SIM compatible as long as the device is unlocked. To enable the dual SIM please follow these steps:

1. Go to Settings > Network & Internet.
  2. Tap the icon next to Mobile Network.
  3. Tap Download a SIM Instead.
  4. Tap yes when the device asks to enable Dual SIM capability

LorenB_VZW If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
wallythecat
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hi, Do you have any luck of getting a esim activate on your BYOD pixel 4? I have the BYOD pixel 4 unlock version and when I scan the QR code that Verizon gave me it shows an error message of profile already downloaded with subject code 8.2 and reason code 1.2. but I don't have any esim save on the phone, which is weird and being calling Verizon about this for 2 days and talked with over 10 reps and no one seems be able to figure out why. 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello wallythecat, we're sorry to see you're having issues with your eSIM card for your Pixel 4XL, we would love to help you in any way we can. Please send us a private note so that we can check further into your situation and help you out. 

IvoneA_VZW

0 Likes
wallythecat
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have sent a private note to customer support like you have requested me to do 10 days ago and still no reply on this issue. Please respond and help getting me a ism download to me pixel 4 XL.

Thanks!

Bmack1
Enthusiast - Level 2

I gave up on trying, it appears to me verizon only wants to support byod esim on iPhones. Did you end up having any luck?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for reaching out today and we're always here to help. As our valued customer, your account concerns are our concerns and we’re here to assist you in any way we can. Verizon takes protecting our customer’s personal and account information very seriously. Since we will need account-specific details from you, we’ve sent you  a Private Message on this topic:

http://spr.ly/6600HMi7a

RobertC_VZW

0 Likes
beegtee
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hi,
I'm having trouble with getting my BYOD Pixel 4XL activated on Verizon using eSIM. Judging from what I am reading above, this appears to be possible. I would like to put Verizon on the eSIM so that the physical SIM is freed up for use while traveling abroad. Why would this only work on devices purchased through Verizon? Has anyone gotten this to work? 
TIA!

0 Likes