Battery Life - Google Pixel XL
nebraskatigger

I have had my phone for about a month.  Sometimes the battery life is great but many days it is not.

For example, before I went to bed last night I closed all the apps and set the phone to vibrate.  The battery level was 90%.  This morning the battery level was 48%.  Even when it is sitting on my desk, only being used for an occasional text, it seems to burn about 5% of its battery per hour.   This is getting annoying.  Any suggestions for how to get good battery life all the time? 

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Battery Life - Google Pixel XL
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Nebraskatigger, we understand the importance of a phone and its ability to maintain its battery life. I know you had your phone for a month, but, how long has this battery issue been going on? Do you doing anything different on the days the battery drains a little more? Did this happen after any type of update? 

JoeyM_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
nebraskatigger

I think that problem started more after the phone updated to the new version on the Android operating system which was in early September.  Most days it drains about 5% per hour and I don't use it that much.  I can't think of anything I do differently on days that it decides to use only a little battery.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That update may be the instigator of this drain, nebraskatigger. Let's work using these steps in place by Google. https://support.google.com/pixelphone/answer/6090599?hl=en
What apps are showing up as using the most battery?

DavidH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
nebraskatigger

My last full charge was 10 hours 30 minutes ago  I would say my usage has been light to medium.  I have 46% of my battery left.  Fitbit 7%, facebook 4%, Weather Channel 3%, Pixel launcher 3% and one 1% for the following message plus, national weather service, monkey wrench, messenger, google, 10/11 news, snapchat.  Fitbit is a little high this afternoon because I was having problems getting my fitbit to sync

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You might want to turn off the all day sync for the Fitbit.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for the helpful information, nebraskatigger. Let's continue to dig into this and figure out what's going on with the battery. Please complete a device health check and share results for anything not in green, http://spr.ly/65838Np3c. How many hours would you say your battery lasts before it dies? Has there been any damage to your phone? 

DanielleR_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
nebraskatigger

No damage to my phone.  I never let my battery get under about 40%.  It has been 3 1/2 hours since my phone was fully charged.  It has very light use and is at 84%.  It is predicting my phone battery will last about 17 hours

Yellow - location indicator is on, security & privacy, apps with plug in

Red - Apps from unknown sources.  I think this is Amazon

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

nebraskatigger-

Thanks so much for your efforts up to this point. Since there are a few indicators on your device health check, I'd like for you to place your phone in safe mode by following the steps in this link: http://vz.to/2hiPlRK. Safe mode will temporarily mask your third party apps/files. Please try to leave your phone in safe mode for at least an hour. While the phone is in safe mode, do you notice that your battery life improves?

AmberK_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
nebraskatigger

My phone used very little battery life in safe mode.  How do I go about figuring which app is causing the battery drain?

0 Likes