Black screen/how to transfer files to new phone
purplecruz

The screen went black on my Google Pixel and have received a new phone that I would like to transfer files to.  Since I can't see the screen on the old phone how can I transfer files such as screenshots and texts to my new phone?  Any help is appreciated!

Labels (2)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: Black screen/how to transfer files to new phone
jav6
Champion - Level 3

Does the Pixel have the capability of connecting via USB to a PC/Laptop? Try How To Connect Google Pixel And Pixel XL To A PC Computer | RecomHub

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The Pixel should have backed up to Google and allow you to restore on the new phone.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
purplecruz

Thank you both for your suggestions.  Yes I have a USB and read the article but because I can't access the phones screen I can't enable the computer to see the device.  I did get my photos on Google but not my screenshots.  I would very much like my texts as well.  I do have USB debugging turned on so maybe that can help some how?  Any other ideas would be great!

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

Maybe taking your phones to a Verizon store will help. They 'might' have a technician with expertise to fix or replicate the screen on another device so the USB-to-PC transfer can be completed.

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
stef7
Master - Level 2

Yes. Two ideas:

If the screenshots are stored on a SD card, you can imagine what you need to do... with the phone off, remove the microSD card, and put it in a USB reader.

So you have USB Debugging turned on. Hmmmm. Perhaps the utility adb (Android Debug Bridge) is your friend:

How to Push and Pull Files on Android using the ADB commands

This should be straight forward if you know where the screenshots are stored.

Capture a Screenshot - Pixel / Pixel XL, Phone by Google | Verizon Wireless

does that trigger your memory?

If you can get to the root of your phone, then you could pull everything using a reference to that folder

0 Likes
purplecruz

Thanks jav6.  I did go to a store but they said the pixel couldn't be displayed on another screen.  And I don't think there is a way to access any SD card or if there even is one.  I did a backup on Verizon cloud from my new phone and I don't know how it worked but all of my old photos including screenshots showed up there!  I am just going to forget about trying to get old texts back using ADB commands since I have spent so much time on this already and have all of my photos now.  Thank you for all of the suggestions!  Hopefully this will help someone else too.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

The screen went black on my Google Pixel and have received a new phone that I would like to transfer files to. Since I can't see the screen on the old phone how can I transfer files such as screenshots and texts to my new phone? Any help is appreciated!

Purplecruz, we want to help you as much as we can. Did you previously back up your device at Verizon Cloud or a 3rd party application prior to the screen having this issue? Click http://vz.to/2bIS4OY for more information regarding your option to save pictures and text messages for your mobile number. 

Verizon_Customer_Support

Follow us TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response registry. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes