Blacklisted my Lost Device and Won't Re-activate
RumiD

In February or March my teen was grounded and kept taking the phone I had let her use prior to grounding her. To make it so she couldn't use it I reported it lost from the MyVerizon app. Tried to reactivate it today after finding it and recharging it and was told that I can't as it is blacklisted. I verified absolutely everything asked of me except the phone number that supposedly reported it lost. They assured me only a phone on my account could have done this. I only have two numbers and neither are the one that reported it according to the person I spoke to. I know I reported it from my phone via the app. I was basically told I am out of luck and to buy a new phone. This one is only a year old, paid in full, bought new at Best Buy (I have the receipt even). No way am I buying a new one. I am not sure what I can do from here. I asked to escalate the issue and was told a manager would call me within an hour and no one did. I am livid.

Any ideas on how I can get this fixed or file a formal complaint?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Blacklisted my Lost Device and Won't Re-activate
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi, RumiD! Thank you so much for contacting Verizon, I'm sorry for the hard time you are having with your devices.

As my goal is to make you feel comfortable, you can trust that I am going to do my best to provide you with the help you deserve, and I will be more than happy to assist you today.

Please send me a DM and allow me the opportunity to assist you.

>Pia

0 Likes
Scott5337
Contributor - Level 3

In the future, don't report a phone as stolen if it's not really stolen. If you are the account owner you can suspend the line from the Verizon website or thru the My Verizon app, which you can then easily restore the line when needed. The whole point of reporting a phone as stolen is to instantly terminate that phone number and electronic serial # (IMEI) so no one can use it. It's not meant to be an easy process to change later, it's meant to be permanent.

0 Likes
RumiD

"Lost" and "Stolen" are reported the same way, and I reported it as lost. It would not let me suspend the line at the time (prepaid account, so maybe it's not an option?) There is an option to report the phone as found and that is what I am trying to do, to no avail.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, RumiD. We want to ensure you receive the help you need to resolve this issue. We are sending you a Private Note to assist you further. 

*Cassie

0 Likes