Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, waived smartphone activation fee when you buy online. Limited time offer.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Calls going to other numbers
lissann

I've had a Pixel for 2 weeks & have had 2 different people tell me they were connected to the wrong number even though they dialed me.  Any way to find out how/why this is happening?  I'm worried that if someone has to get in touch with me they won't be able to.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Calls going to other numbers
Ann154
Expert
Expert

Were they dialing the full ten digit number?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
lissann

Yes, they dialed the same number they always did.  One was a call & the other a text message, I don't know if they went to the same wrong number or 2 different ones.

0 Likes
Ann154
Expert
Expert

Dialed the number as they always did? Does that mean they dialed it in the format xxx-xxx-xxxx or xxx-xxxx or +1-xxx-xxx-xxxx for the number?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
lissann

They used area code + number, xxx-xxx-xxxx.  Local calls so no need to use a 1+

0 Likes
Ann154
Expert
Expert

With HD Voice, +1-xxx-xxx-xxxx numbers are becoming more common and required for the calls to complete.

0 Likes