Can't connect to your voice mailbox code 9004
rp2244

cant connect to your voice mailbox error code 9004. Not sure when it started, I don't really get many voicemails. I am still able to open old voicemail messages, except from one person. The earliest message from said person is from December 31st 2019. I have a Google pixel 3.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Can't connect to your voice mailbox code 9004
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

rp2244 We definitely want you to have access to all voicemail. If you are getting all others except for this one person, you might want them to check with their carrier. As it appears your voicemail is working. DoloresK_VZW

0 Likes
ad_kulchin

I am having the same issue for the last 4 weeks. 

Google Pixel 3. Cannot retrieve visual voicemails for the last month, plus now new voicemails are not accessible from calling *86. People have told me they have left voicemails, but there are no new messages when I call my voice mailbox. 

Is this a Google phone issue? Seems most people experiencing "9004" error code have Google phones.  

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Being able to access your Voice Mail is a must. What do the callers here when the leave you a message? When was the last time you received a Voice Mail? Did anything change on the phone when this issue began? AlbertoR_VZW

0 Likes
Lindee

Also having the problem on my wifes pixel2 XL. It just started today. When I turn wifi off and go to voice mail, it will load and I can listen to message. So the problem is, it will not load to the phone. But until fixed this is a work around likely for your phone. 

0 Likes
entergynso

Thanks for telling us that accessing our voicemail is important. That's actually why we're along for assistance. 

Error code 9004. What is this and how do we fix it.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Lindee, 

Are you using visual voicemail or basic voicemail on your device? Visual Voicemail allows you to see who left you a message before you listen to it on your device. You have the option to listen or delete voicemails in any order. This feature must connect to our cellular data network to work. It will not work with Wi-Fi service if Cellular Data is disabled in Settings. Here's more information regarding Visual Voicemail: 

https://www.verizon.com/solutions-and-services/visual-voicemail/

We hope that this information is helpful to you. 

0 Likes
VerizonVoicemailjoke

Spent 4 hours on the phone witj Verizon support and still not fixed. Worked freat for the last two years, nothing has changed, same phone etc.

0 Likes
kh-gary
Moderator Emeritus

In order to keep discussion on the community current, this topic has been locked to prevent new replies. If you have a similar question or issue that you wish to discuss, then please feel free to post a new message on the most relevant board. Thanks!