Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 9,314 Members online 268K Discussions 44K Solutions
Can't send texts (but only to one person)! Others work!
Bwoody3
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have a fairly new Pixel 2 and use the standar Google Message app for text messages.

I can send and receive texts to anyone (individual or group) except 1 person!

I was able to send a long text to her on Dec. 14th and she replied, both successful.

Then on Dec. 20th I tried again and got the message "Not sent. Tap to try again."

Whether taping to try again or sending a new text, I get the same message and she doesn't receive the text.

She can continue to send me texts (and I receive them), no problem.

She has not blocked me in her Contacts, nor have I blocked her.

We are both on Verizon.

HELP!!! Suggestions?!?!??!

Labels (2)
Re: Can't send texts (but only to one person)! Others work!
KATHYHE2000
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have this same problem. It just started this week. Can send to someone in group but not individually. Happens with 3 contacts, all on Verizon, 2 iPhone and another pixel

Bessa77
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have a pixel xl and I can't SMS one contact. I can MMS but not SMS. I can send through a desktop texting app, but just says "sending" and then "not sent."  It's only for one contact. I blocked then unblocked her. I deleted her contact entirely.  I restarted. All to no avail.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Bessa77, being able to message your friends is important. Which messaging app are you using? What happens when you delete the contact, then message your friend without re adding them back on?

KatiM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

WILLIESPANK
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi, I am having the same problem. Do you have further suggestions? I can send to the individual via MMS but not SMS. They can send to me individually, and they do not have me blocked. After deleting their contact, I still receive the "message not sent. tap to retry" message.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to make sure that this is solved for you. Having the inability to not send messages correctly can be a huge pain. Are you on the latest software and application update? Another option is looking into which application you are using. If you are using Verizon Message Plus, try the standard application that came on the device and vice versa.

0 Likes
dodom
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am now having this same problem.  I have the Pixel 2 with the new 8.1.0 that was pushed to me last week.  Any word on a solution from Verizon yet?  I see this problem has been around since at least January 4!

WILLIESPANK
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hey! Nothing from Verizon. However, I saw many posts about removing or

adding the 1 at the beginning of the phone number. It took two tried but

that worked.

Good luck!

dodom
Enthusiast - Level 1

That worked!  I just blew some tech support's mind.  I was chatting with him/her when your response came through.  I quickly tried it and got an immediate response from the one contact.  The tech support person got a kick out of your username.  Thanks!!!

WILLIESPANK
Enthusiast - Level 2

Very welcome!! Glad it worked!