Changing Admin Account
JALSHE28

When my new Pixel 2 was set up, Google defaulted to one of my secondary Gmail accounts and used that as my admin account. I want my primary Google account to be my admin account. How do I switch this? I considered just deleting the secondary account but since it's set up as admin, I am afraid of the unintended consequences. I appreciate any help.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Changing Admin Account
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

JALSHE28, we understand how important it is to make sure your primary Google account is set up as the admin. Allow us to further investigate the details. During the original set up for your device a “Verify your account” screen will initiate for you to input your Google account. Can you please clarify if you had originally inputted your secondary account during this process? Please follow this link http://vz.to/2nnwHMG to view the details on step 7. Also, your device does allow you to have multiple Google accounts, can you please let us know if your secondary Google account holds a bulk of your device internal information such as being attached to the Google Play store or was this information attached to your primary Google account?

SylviaT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes