Chrome errors on Pixel XL
rbowermaster44

I'm seeing a regular occurrence of error messages when I browser. One is a Web GL failure to load. Another is asking me if I want pages translated, telling me a site like ESPN.com was written in French and asking if I want it translated. It's annoying, as it happens everytime I visit the page. Any suggestions?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Chrome errors on Pixel XL
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I can definitely see that getting annoying, rbowermaster44. I couldn't help but notice you have a number of strange experiences all relating to your Chrome browser so I would like to have you follow the steps at https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-207811/ and in step #3, select Chrome from your list. At step #7 please select Manage Space and then you will see the Clear All Data option appear. This will help to reset the Chrome browser back to the original factory settings and allow us to have a clean slate to try browsing pages and playing videos. Please keep me posted on your phone's behavior after clearing Chrome's data.

Thank you

JenniferH_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport If  my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_  button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our  conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Re: Chrome errors on Pixel XL
rbowermaster44

Thanks, Jennifer. I followed the steps, and the first couple of visits were fine but the problem is back. I also took the step of going to the Play Store and uninstalling all updates to Chrome and reinstalling them. Still did not help.

0 Likes