Customer service chat lied!
ronnieba
Enthusiast - Level 2

Ok so I placed an order on 11/26/2021.  Decided to upgrade our pixels to the 6 and the 6P.  Hopped on chat to see what deals are available for me.  Told rep what phones we wanted and asked to verify that they were available to ship.  Rep said hold on let me check and a few minutes later rep says that they had located one of the 6Ps and the 6 both in 256, I said let's do the order.  Rep promised me I'd get 200 off (online deal) plus 440 trade in value.

Got confirmation email and well....said they would be shipped out the 28th, perfect! 

Check back for an update (looking for tracking info) and what do I see, both backordered.  

After back and forth on chat and phone for about 3 days, the 6 was shipped and we had finally received it.  Meanwhile when I called in for an update on the 6P, my order was cancelled....I was furious.  No one chat or phone could tell me why it was cancelled, forced me to reorder....now stuck even longer waiting for a device that was verified to be ready to ship till sometime next year.

I have NEVER been treated like this and lied to ever from Verizon.  I am a loyal long time customer too, many prob have never heard of Air Touch cellular but that's when we first had cell service. Later they became Verizon.  I am a 29 year customer and have never been treated the way I have been through this transaction.  I'm defeated and accepted that Verizon does not care about their customers and will do and say anything to make a sale. 

So disgusted, maybe they need to do some ethics training and mandate it for their employees.  No one should be treated this this.

Labels (1)
Re: Customer service chat lied!
ejgardner413
Enthusiast - Level 2

Join the club. Ordered our Pixel 6 Pros on October 23 - was told that my Stormy Black phone would be delivered on November 11th and my wife's Cloudy white on December 14th (or something like that - she was OK with it).  We are going on vacation on December 10th and I wanted my phone before then, but here we are. No phones. No updates. It's terrible customer service. 

ronnieba
Enthusiast - Level 2

@ejgardner413so sad huh? if Verizon's service/coverage area wasnt the best (at least for me in my area) id think twice about being a customer with them, let alone let any one of my family or friends be part of this company.

cant believe NO UPDATES so frustrating even speaking with them via online chat all i got was run around after run around, after they told me "we have noted it on your account" and when i asked about these so called "notes" they could not produce them.  

I am worried about not getting my promotion since i had to REORDER after they cancelled it a few days later, either way I have screen shots and chat references just in case they try to pull anything with me at this point.   Not sure if itll help but at this point if need be i will seek legal advice and proceed that route.  all i want is not to be lied to and to be honored what the company's reps say. 

My wife is happy with her phone at least, while my poor P4XL is struggling as i have reset it a numerous times now, our phones is our primary way of taking pictures of our first daughter and with it lagging around trying to process pictures i have missed great opportunities, its not the phones fault, i could just lug around my dslr i suppose. 

anyways my rant is done, just so defeated at this point, and ready to snap.

SHAME ON YOU VERIZON - GET IT TOGETHER - YOUR CUSTOMER SERVICE IS TERRIBLE AND THERE ARE FAR MORE HARSH WORDS THAN THAT ID LIKE TO GIVE TO YOU.

happy holidays!

#verizoncustomerserviceblows

#verizonwireLIES

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

ejgardner413, getting a new phone should always be a fun and exciting process. We would never want to ruin your vacation so let's get you an update on the shipping status of your devices. I have sent you a private message.

-Natasha

0 Likes
ronnieba
Enthusiast - Level 2

Wow.  Utterly amazed how my issue being the original author gets looked over.  Completely and utterly amazed.  Just wow.

0 Likes
ejgardner413
Enthusiast - Level 2

Look just update the shipping date. I spoke to chat before they tell me some date but have not updated my order. I want my phone not games.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you so much for your 29 years of loyalty, ronnieba. We're disappointed to learn of your experience with us and would like to apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you. We can take a look into your new order to see when you should be receiving your new devices. You can also check your order status here as well, http://spr.ly/6604JsLx4. Please let us know if you need assistance checking on your current order status. -Danielle

0 Likes
ejgardner413
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you for finally getting my phones to me. I am in Aruba so we won't be able to use them for our vacation pics. Also disappointed that I had to resort to publicly calling out this problem. Makes me wonder how many other owners of public rants got their phone before me while I patiently waited. Don't encourage bad behavior. Just get the phones out on the dates promised when purchased.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

As always, our valued customer's feedback is greatly appreciated. I apologize for the inconvenience you've experienced about receiving your devices before you left to go on vacation. It's never our intention to inconvenience our customers. Your feedback will be shared with our Leadership Team.

We sincerely hope that you'll be able to enjoy your trip to Aruba and we'll work even harder to earn your customer loyalty. I assure you that these are not just words. Your continued customer loyalty means everything to us.

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. -Robert C.

0 Likes
Darnit

I had a very similar experience.  I saved a copy of the text, contacted the State Attorney General's Office, and they agreed I had a case.  A few days after filing the paperwork, I received a letter of apology from a Verizon VP and the promised credit of $400.  Don't let them lie to you and then walk a way leaving you a victim of their DECEPTIVE BUSINESS practices. 

0 Likes