Data usage
hsumego
Enthusiast - Level 2

The past two months I've gotten messages saying I'm exceeding my data, but I'm on WiFi non stop. The few times I'm not it's to search something up. My phone says for the past month I've only used 1gb of data and I have 3 gb each month. I contacted an agent and he said basically upgrade to a bigger plan that gives more data. When I mentioned what my phone usage is saying he said that's not accurate through the dates they use, yet my phone gave the exact dates he's listed. I'm so tired of this and just want answers. 

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Data usage
hsumego
Enthusiast - Level 2

I used to have that set, but since being a stay at home mom now I'm on WiFi constantly and until recently never even came close to exceeding my data. If I used 1 gig that was pushing it.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Scott5337
Contributor - Level 3

Android phones have an option to alert you about data usage with a slider to adjust the warning limit. It's available within the Settings menu, and has nothing at all to do with your account. It sounds like you might have turned on the data warning and have it set to alert you at a very low level. Find that Setting and turn it off if you don't want those warnings, or adjust the limit you are warned at. 

0 Likes
Scott5337
Contributor - Level 3

On my Pixel 6 if I open Settings and type Data in the settings search box the "Set data warning" slider is the first option to appear. Is that turned On on your phone?

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for reaching out. Getting messages that I have exceeded or are coming close to the data limit would concern me too. We would be happy to look over the account and try to find out what has changed. Please be on the lookout for a Private Message from us. ~Roger

0 Likes
hsumego
Enthusiast - Level 2

I used to have that set, but since being a stay at home mom now I'm on WiFi constantly and until recently never even came close to exceeding my data. If I used 1 gig that was pushing it.

0 Likes
hsumego
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yeah I don't have that on. I got the alert from Verizon themselves letting me know I was almost out of data. I'm a stay at home mom so most of my data usage is on WiFi. I'm lucky most months if I even reach 1 gig used and that's only because I would scroll fb while I waited for my kids to get done with work or sports. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

hsumego, we can relate to how important it is to stay within your allowance. Your device will always conect to the strongest network, so it is possible that your phone will use the cellular network if it provides a quicker or stronger signal than the WiFi you are connected to. Disabling the cellular network, by placing your device into airplane mode is a great way to bypass this.

-Arya

0 Likes