Disappointing experience as a customer and account being charged after the defective device was returned
jacob_tueme80
Enthusiast - Level 1

Ever since I made the biggest mistake and transferred my five lines from Sprint its been a rollercoaster with Verizon.  I had finally gotten my bill squared away after multiple call, chats and countless hours explaining over and over to various representatives.  I though all the nightmare and first initial moths of overpaying were over but nope I was wrong.

Unfortunately transferring lines from provider to provider isn't as easy as it portraited to be but I am advising my friends and family to stay away from Verizon explaining to them all I have been put through.

The device on line ending in 6057 was warrantied out back on September 2022 and the defective device was returned using the prepaid box sent by Verizon before September ended.

I had my account on auto pay to take advantage of the extra discount but I came to find out that even if you pause the autopay Verizon will still charge the account, so I removed autopay completely until this issue is resolved.

My November bill came out where on the 19th my debit card was debited with the autopay amount.  I checked my bill and there was a charge of over $1000 for the line ending in 6057.  The charge was for not returning the device.  I called Verizon and the representative told me only pay my regular bill and to pause my auto-pay but I felt and it seemed the representative was unaware of how to proceed with this matter so I ended the call.  I proceeded in chatting with a representative on Nov 12 and I was assured this was going to be taken care of.  I even checked and re-confirmed pausing my auto-pay, the representative confirmed but later on by the 19th my account was debited $1,395.01.  This caused a roller coaster of events un-balancing my withdraws within my bank account.  I called Verizon and the representative was able to reverse the charge, this helped a little but, I still have overdraft fees to take care due to Verizon's mistake.

I want to pay my bill of $316.01 and that's after adding the new apple watch line chard (which is too expensive with Verizon) and deducting a credit I was given.  I tried but I can't make the payment and I will not turn on auto-pay until my account is corrected by removing all erroneous charges and also adjusting my rate plans to reflect the current advertised amount, I believe is $30 per line.

How can I make the payment and by the way, I've tried online and through the mobile app?

How can my rate plans be adjusted?

Labels (1)
Re: Returned device lost but account still charged
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello. Thanks for sharing this information with us today. You can pay your bill by following the instructions listed here: https://www.verizon.com/support/pay-bill-faqs/. If Auto Pay is paused, then that would be why the cost of your plan on your Smartphone lines was raised by $10/mo. Please send us a Private Note if you have any other questions, or concerns today. *Bryan

0 Likes
Re: Disappointing experience as a customer and account being charged after the defective device was returned
duwen147
Enthusiast - Level 1

I also got charged when I returned my device. UPS delivered it but verizon lost my device and I was charged for it!

0 Likes
Re: Disappointing experience as a customer and account being charged after the defective device
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Our apologies for the experience you had before. Allow us the opportunity to make it right for you. 

We'll send a Private note to be in touch with you. 

>Alex'

0 Likes