Disqualified from First Responder Discount
willyd2
Enthusiast - Level 1

After 10 years, I Just found out I no longer qualify for a first responder discount.  Thanks Verizon,  Glad to know how you feel about State Parole / Probation Agents.   Yes, we carry firearms,  Yes, we wear ballistic vests, Yes, we do have badges,  Yes, we do make arrests, Yes, we testify in Court, Yes, we supervise what is probably one of the most dangerous population of offenders with no bars, no walls, no gates.  We receive advances training in first aid, CPR, fire safety etc.  We spend a great deal of time working side by side with our partners in the law enforcement community..... But in the eyes of Verizon, this no longer qualifies me for a first responder discount.   

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Disqualified from First Responder Discount
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We certainly appreciate all the work you do in your role as a probation agent, willyd2, and that's not at all the way we want you to feel. I definitely want to clear up any confusion about our First Responders discount.

We offer discounts to state and local first responders who are active, retired or volunteer, including:

-Firefighters, Emergency Medical Technicians (EMT) and Emergency Medical Services (EMS)
-Law enforcement including State Troopers, Sheriffs, Sheriff's Deputies and Local Police
-Next of Kin (Immediate family members: spouse/children of household) of First Responders Killed in Action (KIA)

You can find out more about qualifications here: http://spr.ly/6604H5ZPE See #1 specifically. We also have other discounts (such as military, teachers, etc.) and if an account manager on your account qualifies for one of these discounts, you may consider having them apply: http://spr.ly/6605H5ZP1 If you have an unlimited plan that qualifies for the Auto Pay discount such as the Start, Play More, Do More or Get More unlimited plan, you might consider the Auto Pay discount if you aren't already getting that. This requires Auto Pay linked to a debit card, checking account or the Verizon Visa Card along with paper-free billing. Does this help out? -RSM

0 Likes
willyd2
Enthusiast - Level 1

No, does not help at all.  Thank you.   I did verify with one of your competitors that they extend a first responder discount to 'law enforcement professionals'.... they include probation/parole officers.  I understand that every organization has a right to establish who they extend discounts too.  It's unfortunate that after 10 years Verizon has determined I no longer meet their criteria.  

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We can understand your feelings surrounding this matter willyd2. While we strive to provide benefits for our customers all the time, we understand that not every customer will benefit. We appreciate your feedback and hope to have offers that will work better for you in the future. If you have any additional questions or concerns surrounding your account, we are here to help.

0 Likes