Does The Pixel XL Really Have Unlimited Storage?
susieeq2

The Pixel XL was advertised as having unlimited storage but it says only 5GB are free. Why? If I upload to Google Drive I will be out of space. I still use my Verizon cloud but frequently get a message cloud not available check your connection. I can do anything else. Plus I'm usually in the living room sitting 2' from my modem. I have all the permissions on for my photos, videos and contacts.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Does The Pixel XL Really Have Unlimited Storage?
rcschnoor
Legend

When you select to backup your photos in the Google Photos app, you are allowed unlimited storage for full resolution photos taken with your Pixel device.

Using other apps such as Google Drive, Verizon Cloud, etc... are not included in the unlimited storage.

Additionally, photos taken with other devices and backed up via Google Photos are not included in this unlimited storage.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The photo uploads to Google Photos is unlimited. Everything else is business as usual.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

When you select to backup your photos in the Google Photos app, you are allowed unlimited storage for full resolution photos taken with your Pixel device.

Using other apps such as Google Drive, Verizon Cloud, etc... are not included in the unlimited storage.

Additionally, photos taken with other devices and backed up via Google Photos are not included in this unlimited storage.

0 Likes