Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, waived smartphone activation fee when you buy online. Limited time offer.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Does the Pixel have GPS issues?
Shadowmare

I frequently use my phone for directions while driving.  Most of the time I use Waze, but will use Google Maps at times also.  I have noticed that the Pixel does not locate well using the GPS (not sure I am saying that correctly), using either program.

Here's an example to try and elaborate. 

Driving on the freeway, as I passed exit ramps the Pixel would frequently think I was on the ramp instead of continuing straight on the freeway.  It would then recalculate for that, only 10 - 15 seconds later it would recal again because I was still on the freeway.

This also happened driving on streets where there was a subtle turn and split instead of a normal left or right turn at an intersection.

I have restarted the phone, tried using Device only and High accuracy for the location mode, I have not tried battery saving mode.  I normally leave it on high accuracy.

Anyone else seeing these problems?  What am I missing?  I did not have this issue on my Droid that I upgraded from.

This is on the 32 GB Pixel, not the XL.

Thanks!

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Re: Does the Pixel have GPS issues?
Shadowmare

Waze rolled out an update which seems to have resolved this issue.

Since the update I have not seen this problem anymore.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

I've used maps 3 times and had no issues.  I have the xl and set to high accuracy.

underoath218

Same here.  I've used it a few times since I got it last Thursday, October 20th and no issues at all.  It has actually worked very smoothly and accurately, even on roads that have a lot of odd turns and confusing intersections.  I used Google Maps only, so I can't speak to Waze's abilities on the Pixel XL.

0 Likes
kaebfly
Leader

Didn't have any issues while testing out my Pixel (I only used it for a week before switching back to my iPhone 6s Plus. Nothing was wrong with it...I just knew I had no real plans to keep using the Pixel). I also had it set to High Accuracy so perhaps that helped.

0 Likes
mcarroll41

I have noticed the exact same thing with my xl.  I have used waze on a few different occasions and had to eventually turn it off after getting annoyed with the constant recalculating.

0 Likes
Shadowmare

Waze rolled out an update which seems to have resolved this issue.

Since the update I have not seen this problem anymore.

0 Likes