Enabling visual voicemail for Pixel 6
Travernus
Enthusiast - Level 1

I recently purchased a Pixel 6, and transferred out the SIM card from an iPhone X. To date, I have been unable to activate visual voicemail on my device. An associate at the Verizon store made a number of attempts to correct the problem, including: 1) enabling visual voicemail, 2) upgrading to a 5G SIM card, 3) switching my prepaid plan to the more expensive plan (pay at the end of the cycle) before quickly reverting to the original, and...4) turning the phone and the voicemail app off and back on again. Who else is having this problem?

Labels (1)
Re: Enabling visual voicemail for Pixel 6
rvortman
Enthusiast - Level 3

What worked for me was to install YouMail, and activate it to do voicemail. Decided I didn't want it, the occasional loud video ad was really disturbing, so deactivated it via YouMail settings. In the process of YouMail deactivating itself, finally got visual voicemail going on my Pixel 6.

Odd but true. On the other hand, the visual voicemail that you get is visible alright, but you don't get transcripts of call messages with it, you just get the ability to play back the messages. Better than nothing, I guess. And a lot better than the old "dial into voicemail" with various numbers to do things.

It would be really nice to get transcripts, but not willing to pay Verizon $3/month for the privilege of having what should be included with the higher monthly fees that Verizon customers pay.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for reaching out to us today with your Visual Voicemail concerns. I really want to help you with this - does your device already support the Visual Voicemail app of ours, or do you have the Premium one? *Stephannie

mysterylane
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the premium version, and the option for Visual Voicemail is greyed out in the phone settings. It says, "visual voicemail only available for the selected data sim "

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I see. May I ask if you are using an eSIM? 

*Aly

0 Likes
ptryan123

what do you mean by the premium one?

why doesn;t visual voicemail just appear in the native dialer app on the pixel 6?

0 Likes
Scott5337
Contributor - Level 3

@ptryan123 wrote:

what do you mean by the premium one?

why doesn;t visual voicemail just appear in the native dialer app on the pixel 6?

Voicemail appeared right away for me when I setup my Pixel 6 last year. Do you have the basic visual voicemail (not the premium option you have to pay for, just basic visual voicemail) enabled for your account when you check your account settings on the Verizon website?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Not all phones offer this app as a free app. It is always free to dial *86 to check your messages though.

*Heather

0 Likes