Extended Absence Voicemail
Saphena
Enthusiast - Level 1

How can I create a temporary voicemail for an extended absence out of the country? I want to route all calls directly to my voicemail with a temporary voicemail and revert back to my original voicemail when I return (without having to rerecord).

I have Google Pixel 2 if that helps.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Extended Absence Voicemail
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

There is not a way to set up a temporary voicemail at all. The voicemail can be re-recorded as many times as you want, but it would have to be updated manually.

- EstevanC_VZW

0 Likes
ingaGi

So these two pages are wrong? Verizon just doesn't actually have the option of creating an extended absence greeting? Here's two links that says we CAN create an EA greeting, but note both these menus give different instructions...

https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/pdf/VM_Instructions_3.pdf

https://www.verizon.com/about/sites/default/files/documents/terms/vm_ug_midatlantic_v1r1_o.pdf (go to page 19 to find the specific instructions for extended absence VMs)

Unfortunately neither of these options on these two verizon documents works. When you're calling in, it only gives the option 1, to leave a personal greeting. There IS no option 3. Nor, as in the second link I posted, is there an option 9 from the get go. So...how the heck do we leave an extended absence greeting? I just switched over from ATT and this was so easy to do.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
ingaGi, Verizon Wireless doesn't have the option for an extended absence greeting and the second link you provided only applies to Business Accounts. Hopefully this is something we can implement in the future. Does this provide clarity?

AlanS_VZW

0 Likes
nccatlady

When I first purchased my Samsung Galaxy Note 8, I was able to turn my extended absence greeting on or off by calling myself.  Now when I try to do this the screen goes directly to the voicemail screen. If you click on settings for voicemail, there is a category for standard greetings, but nothing concerning extended absence greetings.

Now I was somehow able to turn on the extended absence greeting (I do not know how), but am unable to switch back to the regular greeting.  Have been all over the internet and cannot find anything concerning this problem.  Am wondering if this is a Samsung issue or a Verizon issue.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are concerned to hear that you are having issues getting your device adjusted, and we will be glad to help address any concerns that you have in mind regarding this issue. We want to make sure that we are on the same page. What exactly do you mean by extended absence screen? DavidR_VZW

0 Likes