Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, get the incredible iPhone 13 Pro on us. Online only. With select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 12.5. Buy now
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: Early next week, we’ll be merging the current Fios and Wireless Communities into the all new Verizon Community! Beginning the evening of Sunday 12/4, both Communities will be placed in read-only mode. You’ll still be able to visit the Communities and browse content, but login will be disabled. On the afternoon of Monday 12/5, all users will be able to log into the new Verizon Community. We expect the new Community to be fully functional the morning of Friday 12/9. Additional details can be found in the Announcements board and under Featured Topics!
Getting Nowhere Fast...
PRS2ARCHANGEL

I traded in my Google Pixel 2 XL to get the Google Pixel 4 XL in early November of 2019.  

First off, biggest mistake of my life.  Of course, I did not know that at the time...

Issues:

• Poor battery life;
  • Software upgrades making phone less stable;
  • Software updates that are not addressing key issues with the product;
  • "Gimmick" Project Soli is spotty at best and really serves no practical purpose;
  • Constantly having to reboot, yes, even after a full factory reset without restoring backed up data;
  • And my personal feelings towards Google for knowingly and willingly violating the COPPA Act, and then dropping the ball on YouTube content creators - I want nothing to do with Google any longer.

Unfortunately, I purchased my phone through a Verizon Wireless Authorized Retailer (AR), and not Verizon directly.  After trying to work with the AR, whom I have been a customer of for years, they offered through several credits that would take months to clear on my account, would knock $300 off the phone, that unfortunately was purchased at full retail, leaving me to foot the rest of the bill. The phone is now retailing for $999.00 - down $300 from it's release date.

Verizon is unable / unwilling to help me with this dumpster-fire of a phone because it was purchased through an AR.

I want out - but no one wants to help a loyal customer any longer...

0 Likes
Re: Getting Nowhere Fast...
tbint62
Novice

PRS2ARCHANGEL 

So what are you waiting for, you pay cash, or use a card? Dispute the charge! If you feel that strongly about it. 

My Android is still running Android version 5.1.1 (Lollipop). Works Great.

2008-2016 US market flooded with electronic commodities, (Obama)

Verizon Wireless or Customer service or Google Pixel 4. Who is accountable?

0 Likes
Ann154
Expert
Expert

Why haven't you reached out to the manufacturer for any warranty issues? 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Hello, being on top of your Google Pixel 4 is vital, especially if you are having technical issues. When did the problems start? What recent changes have occurred? Would you like to troubleshoot the phone?

GilbertoL_VZW

0 Likes