Google Pixel 2 dies very fast
ikesmom

I have only had my Google Pixel 2 for one week and the battery dies within a few hours after fully charging it. According to Advanced Battery Usage under Settings, it's Google Play Services that is draining the battery so fast.

After doing some research online, it appears this is a common problem:

https://9to5google.com/2017/12/01/google-play-services-causing-severe-battery-drain-for-some-pixel-2...

Experiencing Google Play Services battery drain after the latest update? Here's an unlikely fix

I contacted Google and they confirmed that it is a problem that a lot of users are seeing, but they couldn't tell me when or if it will be fixed.

Verizon is sending me a new phone, but since the problem is with Google Play Services I am not hopeful that it will be better on a new phone.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Google Pixel 2 dies very fast
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sorry to learn you are experiencing battery issues, ikesmom. I'm glad you were able to partner with our support for a replacement. Please keep us posted about your experience with the new device.

AndreaS_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Re: Google Pixel 2 dies very fast
chcknhawk

I haven't had any issues with mine. It pretty lasts all day and I use it A LOT!

0 Likes