Google Pixel 2XL not ringing in car
GREGAL69
Enthusiast - Level 2

Has anyone had the issue of their Google 2XL not ringing when connected via Bluetooth in the car?  I just bought this phone a few days ago and I have never had this happen before.  I know it's not he car.  The phone itself rings. And the call comes thru my car's navigation screen.  It just isn't ringing within the car.  I've tried everything.  I've spent countless hours going thru the phone's menus. I've deleted the device from my car's "connected devices" and reloaded.  I've been on Android forums.  I've even called Google support.  I've done restarts in "safe mode".  Nothing seems to work.  Now they want me to re-set the phone to Factory settings.  And that means all my apps and such will disappear and I will spend a lot of time getting my phone back up to speed again.  I'm reluctant to do this.  Does anyone have any suggestions?

Gregg

Labels (2)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: Google Pixel 2XL not ringing in car
deloused
Master - Level 3

Is the In Band Ringing function turned on in your Pixel 2?

e Settings > System > Developer options > Enable in-band ringing and then reboot.

0 Likes
GREGAL69
Enthusiast - Level 2

When I go to setting > system....there is no option for 'developer

options'. Could it be somewhere else?

On Tue, Mar 27, 2018 at 5:20 PM, deloused <forums@verizonwireless.com>

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The developer options are not normally available until the user makes it visible.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

GREGAL69
Enthusiast - Level 2

So I found out how to become a developer. So I see the item for enable in

band ringing. But it was already turned on.

On Tue, Mar 27, 2018 at 5:50 PM, Gregg Gallagher <ggallagher707@gmail.com>

GREGAL69
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yeah. I did that now. The enable in-band ringing feature was already

turned on. So now I'm wondering it that's even the issue.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Oh wow, GREGAL69. We certainly want to make sure your device and car Bluetooth are paired and working properly. One thing I recommend checking is the Do Not Disturb while driving feature. If this feature is enabled, this will block the ring notification while driving. Go to Settings>Sound>Do Not Disturb preferences>Driving. Make sure this feature is disabled. The Android 8.0 has an option that automatically enables this feature. Please let us know if this works. 

DiaS_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes