Google Pixel 3XL No SIM Card, emergency calls only, no service
clubpar
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am now on my second Pixel 3XL and 3rd SIM card and still have the same issue at home where the phone will go to the lock screen and display the No SIM Card, emergency calls only, no service message in the top left of the phone.  Unlock and it will connect again for seconds or a few minutes then back to lock screen and same error message again.   Anyone else having this issue?  

Labels (1)
Re: Google Pixel 3XL No SIM Card, emergency calls only, no service
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

clubpar, I am sorry to learn that you have been experiencing the no SIM card issue on your phone. It can be very cumbersome to have to get a replacement device, and we certainly don't want this to continue to happen. Did this start immediately after you received the second device? Does the behavior occur on LTE, Wi-Fi, or both? If Wi-Fi, does it occur on multiple Wi-Fi networks?

TionnaB_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
hattrick10
Enthusiast - Level 1

I an experiencing the exact same issue as op.  In fact, I've been dealing with this inconvenience since getting my pixel 3 xl in November.  Neither Verizon nor Google support have been able to provide any solution aside from replacing the sim card or replacing the device.  I am on my second pixel 3 xl and probably my 4th new sim card.  The problem is still there and I have to deal with it every day.  My phone is almost unusable in certain LOCATIONS.  Yes, this problem is most definitely related to either certain towers or signal strength.  At work, my phone works flawlessly and I never get the sim card error.  At my home (very close to a tower) and other geographic areas, the phone is consistently unusable with the no sim card error and absence of data services.  This happens continuously wether connected to WiFi networks or not.  It's like my device can't authenticate/register on your network in certain locations.  Any help world be greatly appreciated, as I'm completely fed up with calling support and being repeatedly told this is an obscure issue that there is no recorded reports of.  Doing a quick Google search finds lots of people having the EXACT same issue with the exact same lack of answers from Verizon or Google.

dawnlaredo
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am having the same exact same issues and I am still going through this issue for the past 3 weeks. I got the Google Pixel 3 XL in Nov of 2018. I have just recently started having this issue. But I am on my 2nd Google Pixel 3 XL and 2 SIM cards.  Been to the corportate stores and back n forth between customer service and tech support.  Has this issue  been resolved for you? If so how has it been resolved? I am so frustrated and have been mostly without service on a PIF account 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I apologize for the experience you have had with the service as I know how imperative it is to be able to rely on your phone. Were all of the same applications and data restored from the previous phone when it was replaced? What are the current system and baseband versions found via Settings>About Phone>Software.  YaleK_VZW

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

replace the sim card.

0 Likes