Google Pixel 3a - No Mobile or Wireless
Elkanah720
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hello,

My Pixel 3a just suddenly lost connectivity to the network.  Mobile data is turned off and when I attempt to turn it back on, it switches back to off.  Also, when I attempt to connect to my wireless network at my house, it immediately displays "Cannot connect to this network".  When I check the SIM status, the mobile network state is "UNKNOWN".  I haven't done a factory reset yet.  I wanted to see if anyone has seen this before and is it a radio failure? Thanks! 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Google Pixel 3a - No Mobile or Wireless
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Elkanah720, I depend on my device daily, so loosing connectivity is very alarming especially when it included Wi-Fi as well. I will be more than happy to assist. Please share with me some details on when you first notice this issue? Also, confirm for me did you notice this after anything new that has been done to the device (software update, new app installed, etc)?

Elkanah720
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks for the reply.  So calls and SMS texts still work.  Anything related to data does not work.  The phone stopped responding so I had to hold the power button until it powered off.   Waiting and then powered it back on.  It seemed to be stuck loading the OS for quite some time.  I didn't time it but it seemed to be about 10 minutes.  After that, I was able to unlock the phone but then noticed the issue.  I haven't applied any updates to the phone or did not install any new apps in the past several days.  I can still see wireless networks around me but cannot connect to any of them.  Mobile data option is turned off and when I turn it on, it goes back to being off.  If I go under SIM Status, the Mobile network state is "UNKNOWN".  Also, I have reset the Wi-Fi, Mobile and Bluetooth options.  Let me know what other questions you have.  Thanks!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for providing such great details about this issue you are experiencing. Have you tried removing the SIM Card while the phone is off for a couple minutes? 

CassieG_VZW

0 Likes
Elkanah720
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks for the suggestion and sorry I've repeated a few things in my post.  Can't look back and see what I've put down so far.  Removed the SIM card and left it powered off for 5 minutes and then put it back and nothing has changed.  Any other suggestions?

Thanks!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

To clarify, the phone had perfectly good signal prior to this? Have you traveled away from the initial location this occurred? Does the phone connect to any source for cellullar signal?

0 Likes
Elkanah720
Enthusiast - Level 2

The phone was working great until this happened.  No other issues.  We have other Verizon phones in the house and all have a great signal.  Yes, I've had the phone about 18 miles away from where it all started and still will not allow for any data.  It will only allow phone calls.  The icon for cell signal shows a signal but there is an x on the icon like it isn't connected.  

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for working with us, Elkanah720. I want you to have a working device. The best step to take with an issue like this is to back up your device, and do a factory reset. If this does not work, you can try a new SIM card. Any local corporate location can provide you one for free. You can find any stores near you with this link here: https://www.verizon.com/stores
Let me know if the factory reset works. If not, you can also send us a Private Note to work with you.

JavierD_VZW

0 Likes