Google Pixel 4XL Unable to read battery meter after Android 12 update
jgcabuk
Enthusiast - Level 1

Ever since my Pixel 4XL upgraded to Android 12 I have had issues with the phone popping up a notification indicating that their is a problem with reading the battery meter.  The phone will not charge properly when in this state and will turn off approximately 2 minutes after being disconnected from the charger.  I'm fully aware of this being a potential problem with the Pixel 4XL and other Pixel phones after installing the Android 12 update.

I have taken the phone to my local UBreakIFix and they indicated that they could perform a battery change to see if it helps, but my only other options would be to revert the phone back to Android 11 or to wait for subsequent updates to Android to potentially fix the phone.  The battery change worked for a few hours, but now the phone is showing the same error and having the same problem.

I did some research to see what it would take to revert my phone back to Android 11, but I am unable to do this as the bootloader is locked since the phone originally came from Verizon.  Is there any way that I can get the phone reverted back or repaired/replaced to fix the issue.  It's such a shame that an issue caused by an Android update is so poorly supported and has essentially made my phone unusable.

Is there a representative from Verizon who can help with this or are there any community members out there who have been through this experience and been able to successfully get their phone working again?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Google Pixel 4XL Unable to read battery meter after Android 12 update
jgcabuk
Enthusiast - Level 1

FYI - for anyone else who is experiencing this problem.  I contacted Google customer support directly and they had me go through a number of troubleshooting steps to try to resolve the problem, but they were not able to.  They did not recommend attempting to revert the phone back to Android 11.

Since I had already gone through having my local UBreakIFix location attempting to repair the phone, the support representative from Google offered to replace my existing Pixel 4XL with a Pixel 5 under warranty in order to provide me with a working phone again.  I opted to go this route.  The only downside is that Google needs to receive the existing phone before they will ship the replacment phone so I will be without a phone for a few days until the process is completed.

I would recommend to any others who are experiencing this problem to contact Google support directly to see if they are able to have the issue resolved through them. 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to ensure that we get this resolved ASAP.  A private message is being sent now to assist you further.  -Sean

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

@vzw_customer_support wrote:

We want to ensure that we get this resolved ASAP.  A private message is being sent now to assist you further.  -Sean

@jgcabuk Let the Forum community know if you get any helpful info via the private messaging session.  There may be others with the same issue and need to know a solution.

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
jgcabuk
Enthusiast - Level 1

FYI - for anyone else who is experiencing this problem.  I contacted Google customer support directly and they had me go through a number of troubleshooting steps to try to resolve the problem, but they were not able to.  They did not recommend attempting to revert the phone back to Android 11.

Since I had already gone through having my local UBreakIFix location attempting to repair the phone, the support representative from Google offered to replace my existing Pixel 4XL with a Pixel 5 under warranty in order to provide me with a working phone again.  I opted to go this route.  The only downside is that Google needs to receive the existing phone before they will ship the replacment phone so I will be without a phone for a few days until the process is completed.

I would recommend to any others who are experiencing this problem to contact Google support directly to see if they are able to have the issue resolved through them. 

0 Likes